Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Fabric, Patterns & lovely things site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fabric, Patterns & lovely things site!

Hi,

We have been browsing for a while now and are making our way through all the lovely threads! We are a new site and would love feedback - any ideas on how to make our site better?

Thanks,
    Emma & Lisa xx
    eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
    www.buttonberry.com
    www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
    buttonberry.typepad.com

I Love Your Site!

I do, honestly.

The page backgrounds are fantastic. I think colour etc is so important if you're selling to crafters.

It's just a really pretty site, very eyecatching, but doesn't detract from what you're selling, you know? It compliments everything.

I'd love to buy oodles of fabric, I am sooo fabric-obsessed. I'm not a quilter, in fact, although I've sewn since I was about 3, I've never quilted properly. I did start a patchwork quilt, with odds & ends of rag fabric years ago, and was doing very well until it got put aside whilst I looked after babies. I thought I would start it again a few years back, but it seems to have been lost over the years & the house moves.

The only thing that would make your site totally perfect for me. would be if you gave all your fabric away free. Which kind of defeats your purpose.....

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Haha well what about the next best thing - loyalty schemes! Thanks for your comments though it is nice to hear what other people think!

We just love fabric, when it all arrived we were so excited we just looked at it for ages! I am not a quilter either - i try and have made a couple for my friends when their babies reach their first birthdays! But...Emma is the master, she does some fabulous things - I like bags and anything a little quirky! I am currently trying out some new ideas with fabrics / designs that are stretched over canvas for a more modern feel!

thanks again xx
      www.buttonberry.com
      www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
      buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

That is a beautifully designed website, very inspiring, and the fabric...is it natural to drool over fat quarters?!

Shana
        Twilight Sewn - A new dimension in craftwork

Comment

You have a very lovely website and I think it is very easy to navigate. I love all the soft colours and it has a real country feel to it.

I to love fabric, I was a textile designer before I had my children and I wouldn't have done that unless I loved fabric and pattern (the pays rubbish, you have to love it to do it)

Good luck with your business.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

I love it also... really lovely website. Lovely colours, images and great sparkly link thingy?
            Only one thing, but this may just be me! when I clicked on gallery it took me to the forum??
            x good luck with it all x x
            incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
            ___

Comment

What a gorgeous site !!! The colours are beautiful and the site is really professional...I'm in lurve !!!
              Handmade Country Decor & Needful Things

Comment

Thank you everyone I am glad you like it! It took a lot of planning so we want to make sure it is right! We love fabric so much it is amazing we get anything ordered we just sit and stroke all the samples and end up with hundreds in the 'keep' pile - oh to the win the lottery and have a fabric house!

Originally posted by blueamema View Post
                I love it also... really lovely website. Lovely colours, images and great sparkly link thingy?
                Only one thing, but this may just be me! when I clicked on gallery it took me to the forum??
                x good luck with it all x x
                Thanks - those sparklies took me a little while to do they are .gif files made up of about six .jpgs with the sparkles all in different positions - Emma (my partner) was desperate for sparkle - rightly so!

Aah i should make that more clear - because our forum has a nice upload feature we thought we would have a gallery thread. Maybe i should work more on an actual gallery page like the ones flickr do?

xx
                www.buttonberry.com
                www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Originally posted by twilightsewn View Post
                  That is a beautifully designed website, very inspiring, and the fabric...is it natural to drool over fat quarters?!

Shana
                  Haha of course - need you ask?

Originally posted by colourart View Post
                  I to love fabric, I was a textile designer before I had my children and I wouldn't have done that unless I loved fabric and pattern (the pays rubbish, you have to love it to do it)
                  Oh i simply have to ask, how did you get into that? - i would love to design fabric!!!!
                  www.buttonberry.com
                  www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                  buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Oh i simply have to ask, how did you get into that? - i would love to design fabric!!!![/quote]

I have a degree in textile design, its not that easy to get into, but it is an interesting job. I used to live in Yorkshire also, where there is alot more opportunities, I don't know if I'll be lucky enough to get a job in it again when I go back to work, hopefully my art business will take off.
                    Amanda
                    xx

Comment

Well if you have experience in it you might well be able to take some of your designs to a big store and get back into it that way? I really would love to do it.......
                      www.buttonberry.com
                      www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                      buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Working...
                      X