Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on my website!

Hi there,
    I hope some of you wouldn't mind having a look at my website. It's still a bit rough around the edges but any comments-good or ways to improve- would be really helpful! I don't sell online, so it's just like a portfolio/gallery/way to contact me. The main reason i would like some help is because I have an ad in Tatler Mag this coming Nov so i'd like it to be presentable!..Many thanks, Marie xx
    Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
    Facebook Page
    Vintage Emporium Shop

I think your website is stunning and the colours you use on the site really complement the lovely jewellery.
    I hope all goes well with your advert and you get lots of orders from it.
    Good luck
    Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php...3654680?ref=ts
    My Blog: http://madison-mae.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/MadisonMaeUK
    Misi: http://madisonmae.misi.co.uk
    Wowthankyou.com http://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/store/s...p?secondary=76

Comment

It looks great but why dont you sell online? t might be something you should consider if you have an advert coming up. I know that if i saw something I liked in an advert, id expect to be able to buy online. I probably wouldnt bother if I had to phone you for a price etc.
      Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Hi,

You website is lovely!

Colours look great!

Have you done it yourself? Or got a web designer to do it?

I have done my own site... and it has taken alot of work... and still needs a lot of work to make it look professional.
        Heidi

Comment

I think your website is great. I like the home page, there is enough going on to hold your interest and it's good that you have photo's to entice people in.
          I would agree with the others, it would be better if people could buy online, and also if you had descriptions of the individual pieces - whet beads you have used etc.
          I think you need an extra paragraph about your bespoke redesign. Something starting with 'I can... and then a few lines about what sort of things you can do with their beads.

Melanie

Comment

I love the sepia pictures on the front page, it really makes the site stand out.

I agree with what other people said about selling through the site. But the other option if you dont want to set a shop up would be to put prices next to each item so people can see if its within their price range before they take the time to contact you. I have to admit that I look at things and when they look as nice and good quality as yours do I just presume they must be well out of my price range so probably wouldnt bother getting in touch. That would also save you fielding queries from people that couldnt afford the products.
            Blog: www.thesewingdirectory.blogspot.com
            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Se...5848809?ref=ts
            Twitter: @sewingdirectory

Comment

What a wonderful website and stunning pieces! Everything you have done on it is so complimentary. I would be over the moon if I could produce quality pieces like yours :-)
              Bedecked Beads-Handcrafted Jewellery from Scotland

http://www.facebook.com/bedeckedbeads

Comment

To me your homepage looks a little hapazard, there is just too much going on with the different placements of the images. I like the 3 column structure, can you adapt the homepage to be similar to the parties and gift repairs page where it is more balanced.

I like the gallery page, a real feast for the eyes. I think it it critical to have a buy it function, otherwise you are going to lose potential sales!
                Design, not rocket science. Illustrator, graphic and web designer, mum of two, wife and self-appointed font police.

Changing the world one crayon at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by TizzyDizzy View Post
                  To me your homepage looks a little hapazard, there is just too much going on with the different placements of the images. I like the 3 column structure, can you adapt the homepage to be similar to the parties and gift repairs page where it is more balanced.

I like the gallery page, a real feast for the eyes. I think it it critical to have a buy it function, otherwise you are going to lose potential sales!
                  I can see what you mean now about my home page, i did think it was alittle all over the place as well! When i've got time i well try and adjust it, thanks for your comments!
                  Facebook Page
                  Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Originally posted by craftybeader View Post
                    What a wonderful website and stunning pieces! Everything you have done on it is so complimentary. I would be over the moon if I could produce quality pieces like yours :-)
                    Thank you for your lovely comments, I still have a long way to go yet though!
                    Facebook Page
                    Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
                      I think your website is great. I like the home page, there is enough going on to hold your interest and it's good that you have photo's to entice people in.
                      I would agree with the others, it would be better if people could buy online, and also if you had descriptions of the individual pieces - whet beads you have used etc.
                      I think you need an extra paragraph about your bespoke redesign. Something starting with 'I can... and then a few lines about what sort of things you can do with their beads.

Melanie
                      Thanks for noticing the missing text, not quite sure what happened there. It's now complete again!
                      Facebook Page
                      Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Makedoandmend View Post
                        I love the sepia pictures on the front page, it really makes the site stand out.

I agree with what other people said about selling through the site. But the other option if you dont want to set a shop up would be to put prices next to each item so people can see if its within their price range before they take the time to contact you. I have to admit that I look at things and when they look as nice and good quality as yours do I just presume they must be well out of my price range so probably wouldnt bother getting in touch. That would also save you fielding queries from people that couldnt afford the products.
                        That's a good point, will consider what to do about pricing, thanks x
                        Facebook Page
                        Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Website feedback

Many thanks to all the comments so far, you can become a little blinded by looking at it so much!
                          I'm taking my time deciding on the online sales thing, i had considered selling through etsy or somewhere similar and taking anyone interested directly to that site, but perhaps because of the ad coming out I should consider that function on my site instead............hmmmm more thought needed.
                          Thanks all
                          Marie x
                          Facebook Page
                          Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Special Touch Gifts View Post
                            Hi,

You website is lovely!

Colours look great!

Have you done it yourself? Or got a web designer to do it?

I have done my own site... and it has taken alot of work... and still needs a lot of work to make it look professional.
                            Thanks for that, I used a template and hve adjusted colours, added images etc. I agree very time consuming isn't it!!
                            Facebook Page
                            Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Working...
                            X