New-ish website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New-ish website!

I'm so chuffed - at long last customers can buy my cards online through my website. No more sending cheques through the post (unless customers still want to!), so it should speed up the whole process.

I've actually overhauled the entire site over the last week or so - getting an 'about our cards' page in, reviewing the terms and conditions, and I decided to focus on selling one type of card rather than lots of different ones like I did before. The only thing that is still missing is a bespoke cards page, but I'll get that sorted as soon as I get a chance.

If anyone would like to have a look at the site then I would appreciate any feedback - particularly on whether or not you actually understand what the cards do? (Read the 'about our cards' page) I'm hoping to get a video clip to put in, but it's not there yet.

My website address is in my signature.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look. (Oooh, I'm all nervous now!)

Emma.
    Last edited by KullakitaCards; 22-07-2009, 12:06 AM.
    Paperbuzz
    Adding a little magic to your celebrations

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Anyone there...?
    Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Your link doesn't go through to your site but a list of other websites, unless I'm missing something??
      Emily

Hand Carved Rubber Stamps by Skull and Cross Buns
      Etsy Folksy Twitter Facebook

Comment

I don't know what happened with the link. I've got it sorted now though.

Thanks,

Emma.
        Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

I really like the site, it's very well laid out and you've got a very well thought out product range.

Only slight criticism is the pictures are a bit small on the shop pages but I don't know if you are stuck to them being a certain size or not. Makes it a bit difficult to see the patterns at a glance so it might put people off; I know you can click on them to enlarge but some people may want to compare the range all on one page?
          Emily

Hand Carved Rubber Stamps by Skull and Cross Buns
          Etsy Folksy Twitter Facebook

Comment

Thanks for taking a look. I agree with you about the size of the pictures on the shop pages, but I think that I am stuck with that size. I'll play about with them though, just in case.

Thanks!

Emma.
            Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

I like the simplicity of the website, however maybe it's too simple? I keep expecting to see a logo or brand image at the top in the white space.

The footer is oddly placed too, it appears centered, but to the left of the grey box.

Your homepage photo is great as I 'got it' straight away.

I think with some jiggling (highly technical term) of layout and inclusion of branding you will have a lovely site.
              Design, not rocket science. Illustrator, graphic and web designer, mum of two, wife and self-appointed font police.

Changing the world one crayon at a time.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. I agree about the lack of logo - I'm waiting for my brother (who originally built the site for me, and helps me out with it) to let me 'play' with the banner at the top, but he's quite busy at the moment. My logo is ready and waiting!

Good point also about the footer. I'd never really thought about it before, but I'll mention it to my brother to have a look at it, as I don't really know how to move it myself.

I'm glad that you got what the cards do - I hoped that I'd got it across, but wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Emma.
                Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

It's a lovely website - simple, clean, easy to use. The simplicity of design is IMO to your advantage - I think over-complicated designs have you concentrating on the background rather then the product.

I totally got the cards. The name firecracker is good, makes you sit up and be interested. The blurb about them was interesting to read.

Have you done one with shoes on yet? I buy a lot of shoe cards for one of my daughters, who is shoe mad, I'm sure it'd be a popular theme.

Good luck!
                  digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                  blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                  hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                  blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Tried to rep you Wendy, but it wouldn't let me!

Shoes is a good idea. I'm not a shoes person myself, but I know lots of people that are, so I might play around with a design when I get a moment.

Thanks for your comments.

Emma.
                    Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Emma, I think you have made a really good start. Easy to navigate and well set out not cluttered. I think you will probably see a huge difference when the banner is in pace, what colour scheme have you decided to use for your banner and logo?
                      Karen
                      www.angelicfolk.co.uk
                      Bespoke clothing for your little angels
                      http://angelicfolk.etsy.com
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelic.folk?ref=profile

Comment

Originally posted by TizzyDizzy View Post
                        I like the simplicity of the website, however maybe it's too simple? I keep expecting to see a logo or brand image at the top in the white space.

The footer is oddly placed too, it appears centered, but to the left of the grey box.

Your homepage photo is great as I 'got it' straight away.

I think with some jiggling (highly technical term) of layout and inclusion of branding you will have a lovely site.
                        My brother just emailed me to say that he has 'fixed' the template for my website, and admitted that he knew that it didn't look right on some internet browsers. I didn't know! I thought that you just meant that having 'Kullakita Cards' at the top wasn't enough (although I am going to add a logo anyway), and I couldn't see how the footer wasn't centred! Now I know!!! Anyway, let me know if it looks better now (fingers crossed!)

Thanks,

Emma.
                        Paperbuzz

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Hi Emma !

I have hads a good look at your website and I am very very impressed. Its presented professionally and certainly gives me the good feeling needed to make me want to buy.

I tried to find some constructive comments but the only one I can think of is that there doesn't seem to be any mention of international orders (i.e. in your postage rates etc).

I am still intrigued about what 'kullakita' means and where it comes from. And also there is no mention of 'Made in Scotland'..in my opinion that is a good selling point...

Very well done !!!
                          Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

Working...
                          X