Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Candles

Hi all,

Hope this is right what I am doing this tinternet (per Peter Kay) scares me a bit.

Please have a look at my website (I made it all on my ownio).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

www.candles-by-lisa.co.uk

Cheers All
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Very Good!

I only had a quick flick through but I was wondering if you could explain to me what a Monkey Fart is......?

I was looking in the Block candles section.

It's a really nice site well done you! Do you have a hosting package or is it a domain name pointing to a free site?
    ~Vikki~

Soggy Cornflakes ~ Kids don't have instructions!
    My Shop! ~ Cards & Gifts

Comment

Hi Vikki,

I was thinking of changing the name of Monkey Farts but the amount of people I have had commenting on it it is quite a good conversational piece. I think the guist of it is instead of calling the smell plain old fruit cocktail (which is plain boring!) you need to imagine all the fruits that a monkey eats blended together (oranges, apples bananas that kind of thing). I have had a few smart alexs saying monkeys are meat eaters and it doesn't smell like a hamburger!!!

I do have a domain name. I registered it with a great hosting company e-merce in Hartlepool. They have been great particularly with me never having done anything like this before. Andy has been a great help when I phone up telling him what I have broken now.

Thanks for looking at the site.

All the best
      Lisa
      Bowed Over
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Depends which monkey it is!

I think you should keep the name!

I too am a total newbie and I use free webs as they have a good free hosting package with a great simple design template thingy..... not doing too wel at describing am I!

The down side is that it is almost impossible to get indexed by google as you cannot (to my knowlege) verify your site. < techy stuff!
        ~Vikki~

Soggy Cornflakes ~ Kids don't have instructions!
        My Shop! ~ Cards & Gifts

Comment

Your site is looking great.
          I think the monkey fart name is great too!!!!!
          http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Glad you like the monkey farts name!

I asked my daughter (who was 10 at the time) what colour of candle I should make with monkey farts. In all innocence she said you should make it brown! - I asked why and she said cause Monkeys are brown - the joy of innocence. Needless to say I have made them orange!!!

It is really funny when you see people coming up to the stall at craft fairs - they point to each other showing the name - you ought to see their faces when I tell them to smell it!!! It cracks me up every time!!!

Bowed Over
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

It's a great site Lisa, well done. I really like the way you have photographed the candles with a few very well selected accessories to set them off.
              Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
              Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Glad you liked the site. I have a friend who is a photographer and she takes the pictures. Still cost a fortune though to get the pictures.

Bowed Over
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

You should have a go yourself with a digital camera, save you a fortune!
                  Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                  Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

I know I should get a digital camera. I posted a notice earlier about this. Still haven't got a clue what to get though. Pixels and that are totally foreign to me.

All the best.
                    Lisa
                    Bowed Over
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X