Honest opinions needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest opinions needed...

I have just set up my new website and I wondered if you would tell me what you thought of it.

I have NO IDEA about web design so ANY comments and feedback would be appreciated.

I need to make some more products to put up there but am awaiting stock on those before I can do anything, other than that, what do you suggest?

I cannot post my link because I havent made 25 posts yet (I fully intend to though!) so please follow the one in my sig or type dollymixdesigns .com into the address bar.

Thank you.
    Dolly Mix Designs
    Sweet Keepsakes to Treasure Forever
    www.dollymixdesigns.com
    [email protected]
    Personalised Wooden Keepsakes, bedroom door plaques, memory boxes, wedding favours, christening gifts, new baby gifts, birthday gifts, personalised commissions and much much more!

well i can only see 3 things for sale is that right or am i missing a bit?

also the pink writing is difficult to read, I had the same problem when i first did my site
    www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
      well i can only see 3 things for sale is that right or am i missing a bit?

also the pink writing is difficult to read, I had the same problem when i first did my site
      Yes, there is only 3 things atm. I am awaiting stock before I can add the rest.

What colour writing would you suggest to go with the pink theme butterfly pics?
      Dolly Mix Designs
      www.dollymixdesigns.com
      [email protected]
      Personalised Wooden Keepsakes, bedroom door plaques, memory boxes, wedding favours, christening gifts, new baby gifts, birthday gifts, personalised commissions and much much more!

Comment

just go with the black, i tried loads and people complained they couldnt see it, just use the pink in bold for the headings

Little blackboards could be nice for kitchens, keep sake boxes and albums for special ocasions?
        www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
          just go with the black, i tried loads and people complained they couldnt see it, just use the pink in bold for the headings

Little blackboards could be nice for kitchens, keep sake boxes and albums for special ocasions?
          I'm working on an array of various different projects and those are all on my list!

I will change the pink writing tomorrow, too tired tonight now!!

Any other changes you'd make/add/take away from the website?
          Dolly Mix Designs
          www.dollymixdesigns.com
          [email protected]

Comment

It's looking good to me, agree about the pink being difficult to read in paragraphs but fine for headings.

Can't wait to see more products, good luck x
            Lorna x

http://twistedspiral.wordpress.com/ - I've finally ventured into the world of blogging!

Comment

Hey hon,

I like the layout, there's a few bits i wasn't sure of though,

On the about page, you pic is squashed up! (just thought you might want that looking ok!)

Also, on your shop the images are quite small, i know you can click on them to enlarge but is there anyway of making them stand out more? It has been said in the past- and i have taken this on board, a white background is always good.

Other than that, looking good! I love the butterfly images
              Dee x
              Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
              Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
              Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Hi Amanda

We are doing the same sort of things (I don't do nappy cakes) - hand-painted personalised stuff! (My website's being looked at by the techie men at the mo because it isn't playing ball. I think it's to do with problems they're having with their upgrading. I've only just published it, so I'm a bit miffed! If you can't access my website (other than penpots!) you can look at my blog.

Anyway, I digress. A good start! Nice layout, easy to navigate, pretty website.

I'd agree about the pink writing - not easy to read, and when you get to be an old codger like me, you sometimes give up on websites that aren't easy to read.

Your pic on the about page is looking squashed up for me as well.

It'll be good to see some more things on there.

Have you thought about adding terms and conditions? Have a look at a few other websites for ideas (obviously don't copy them though!)

The other thing is that if you are trading under a name which isn't your own, you need to have your name and address on the website somewhere - it's a legal requirement. I may have missed it, but the contact page is a good place to put it. It can also make customers feel a bit more secure.

Anyway, a great start. Best wishes with it!
                digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Brilliant. That's exactly what I need to know. Keep it coming...

Today's tasks (when the kiddies are catching some zzz's) are:

Sort out some T&C's, add my address to a page, sort out my dodgy photo and change the font colour.

I really want to add more products but am STILL waiting for supplies. I thought they may have arrived this morning but they haven't. Next week fingers crossed.

As for the product photos, I don't think the size can be changed unless you click to enlarge. If anyone using Mr Site Beginner knows if you can enlarge the pics without having to click enlarge then please enlighten me!!
                  Dolly Mix Designs
                  www.dollymixdesigns.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

Feedback

I thought the design of the website was really pretty, I could read it fine.

I thought the home page was a little 'boring' though. It doesn't really give you an idea of what to expect from your shop, if you know what I mean. Could have maybe done with a really nice pic, so you think 'ooh, that's nice, I wonder what else they have'
                    haha, That all sounds a bit mad doesn't it, I have been awake half the night - I know what I was trying to say, sorry if it hasn't come across very well
                    *I Love Handmade*
                    www.littlemillie.folksy.com
                    www.urbancraftdesigners.etsy.com
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlemillie/

Comment

No, I know what you mean and I have played around with adding photos to the home page before I posted this thread BUTit looks rubbish. I think I need to make a few more items before I add pics to the front. That is something I definitely want to do though.
                      Dolly Mix Designs
                      www.dollymixdesigns.com
                      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X