Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Devil Jewellery Website

Hi,

I've recently set up my own website to (hopefully) sell the jewellery that I make.

I've had quite a large number of visitors so far (probably due to the free prize draw that I offer) but no sales.

Any advice, tips, tricks etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks x
    Sandra
    Red Devil Jewellery
    www.red-deviljewellery.co.uk

Whoops! Got so excited at the prospect of some help that I forgot to give you me web address lol. I've now updated my signature and added it there.

Thanks x
    Sandra
    Red Devil Jewellery

Comment

Hello,
      The free prize draw is obviously working well for you and attracting visitors to your site - great! Have you thought about how long you can keep the offer going or maybe you could change the offer every so often?

One thing to look at regarding the design of the site is the size of the text. Web pages look different on each PC and whcih different browsers.

On my screen the text size of the navigation menu on the left is too small to read, whereas the main body text is perhaps a little bit too big.

I use Firefox, it might be worth browsing it yourself using different browsers and checking how it looks in each one.

Hope this helps,

Nicky
      Pink Giraffe
      www.pinkgiraffe.co.uk
      email me here

Comment

Hi

Great looking site, good luck with your sales.

I also want to add i too use Firefox and cant see the text in the menu very well.

Comment

Hi, thank you for the comments. Unfortunately the text links are designed by the webhost and cannot be changed, the best I can do at the moment is to put them in capital letter which I know is still unclear - hope they work on this.

I have set a 6 month time limit on the site, if by then things remain the same I may have to close the site and maybe give up my hobby in fear of being over run with jewellery lol.

It has also been suggested that my prices are too low and suggest the items are 'cheap' I may hike them up a little to see if this has any effect.

Thanks again x
          Sandra
          Red Devil Jewellery

Comment

your photos look a little dark; may be worth investing in making a photobox since you're photographing jewellery. there are loads of tutorials online.
            that way you won't have the crinkly printer paper background, they will look a lot more crisp and bright.

i agree that your navigation tab text is probably a little bit small, though it maybe looks smaller since the gray is fading into the red background.

nice items, good luck to you
            http://www.moxiebeauty.com

Comment

Hi,

I've been playing around with the 'watches' section of my website - please could you take a look and pass on any feedback. It's the only way I can think of putting pages within pages.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks x
              Sandra
              Red Devil Jewellery

Comment

The prize draw sounds like a good idea. The website looks good too.

The watches page seems to work fine. You have some very nice pieces.

I agree about the size of the font on the menu buttons - maybe it'd be easier to read in a different colour? Would it work with your design to have pale buttons with a dark font? As an over-40 with failing eyesight, I sometimes find dark backgrounds difficult to read from.

I do like your little baby red devil! Fab!

Good luck with it!
                digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Regarding your visits but no sales, have you got a way of monitoring the stats. for incoming traffic?

I don't know who is hosting your site and whether it is a DIY site such as Mr site or one that you have done from scratch but it's really important to have as many detailed stats as posssible about visitors to your site.

For example my sites get visited every day buy the "bots" from the search engines; a total of about 20 but you cant, obviously, count these visits as potential customers.

By analysing my stats I can see whether people entered via search engines such as google or other sites, what search terms and keywords were used, which pages were visited etc. This is important if you want to optimise your site for the right keywords and terms to target your preferred customers. Also if possible, you need to work on getting your site on a high ranking with google (it's estimated that 70% of all web traffic is via google).

Your site looks nice and the products good so by analysing your stats and making changes based on those stats you should be able to attract more customers.

Good luck!!

Caroline
                  silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                  bespoke handmade jewellery
                  Silver Jewellery blog
                  Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X