My Website - what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Website - what do you think?

Hello - I'm new here and think this site is fantastic!
    I make sterling silver/gold jewellery and have designed my own website. Its mainly a gallery as I haven't got around to organising a shopping cart - any recommendations on a good - an inexpensive- cart would be welcome! Love to have your opinions...
    thanks, nicola
    www.nicolamcareejewellery.co.uk

Hi Nicola

I've had a look at your website and your jewellery is lovely! Some of your necklaces are gorgeous!

I use Romancart for my shopping cart - I found it fairly simple to use and it has a good forum if you get stuck, with loads of people asking the same sorts of questions. Its also free if you don't want to accept debit/credit payments, only payments by cheque, but only £40 a year for everything.

Not got experience of any other carts so I have no idea if there's anything better out there.

Anyway, take a look at my site if you liike - just from a cart point of view so you get the idea of the things you can do - if you look at my valentines cards you can see that I have multiple drop downs which are used to gather customer requirements. Just add something to basket and have a look at the page, (obviously I'm not asking you to checkout and pay!) - its jsut so you can see that you can customise the checkout pages, invoices etc to match your site design.

Hope that helps a bit!

Liz
    www.eacardsandcrafts.co.uk
    Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
    Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.

Comment

Hello Liz - thanks for having a look! I've had a visit to your site and want to tell you that it looks great - very professional, and your cards!! they're gorgeous - how do you sell them so reasonably?? honestly they're not much more expensive than shop-bought ones! I'll definately be buying from you in future!
      The cart is fantastic - where do i get it? Is there a website or something...??

Nicola

Comment

Hi nicola,

thanks for your comments, very kind! I'm not in the habit of ripping people off so I charge what I think my cards are worth plus time it takes - generally the dearer they are the longer they took to do!

Anyway, about romancart just go to the link below - there's a section called 'how romancart works' which gives the basic html for everything. Then you just register and they provide you with a storeid and password etc - thats basically it, I was up and running in 5 minutes

If you decide to go ahead with it and need any help just shout me - send me a private message and I'll get in touch that way.

Cheers
        Liz
        Link for romancart:

www.romancart.com
        Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
        Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.

Comment

Hi, I've just had a look at your site.

I like the design very much - very modern and I like the photo gallery layout. Very nice.

I personally use Paypal for my website. I already had a Paypal account (mainly for Ebay purposes) and the shopping cart facilities are free. It's really simple to create "Add to basket" buttons and they automatically link to Paypal's Checkout page - easy peasy. It's free to transfer funds from your paypal account to a bank account once it reaches £50.

Check it out at www.paypal.com

Good Luck!
          Fiona
          Avon Rep Crafter!
          Find out about my new ventures! http://www.myspace.com/hackneyhandicrafts
          http://avonrepresentatives.blogspot.com

Comment

I agree ... Paypal is great...

For a full shopping cart with CMS (content management system) I recomend http://www.oscommerce.com/

Good luck.. :lol:

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

thanks everyone for all your comments and suggestions. I'm actually registered with paypal and never considered it because I thought the customer had to be registered also. Turns out they've changed the rules!! Yay! I think I'll start with paypal and see how I get on...
              Thanks again,

Nicola

Comment

Hi Nicola

I'm from N. Ireland too! Want to link?
                www.standingstonecountrycrafts.co.uk

Comment

Yes off course! Your site is great by the way - jam-packed!
                  I'll do the link at the weekend
                  Nicola

Comment

Well I've finally got the shopping cart sorted! thanks for all your advice and suggestions. If you happen to have a wee look and notice any screaming errors - or any less obvious ones! - please let me know.
                    Thanks again,

nicola

Comment

Craft exhibitors in Northern Ireland

Hello Nicola

Nice site. An nice jewellery.

At the moment our site does not have any exhibitors or fairs listed in Northern Ireleand. I was starting to think that it was just that a craft industry did not exist, so it was great to see that you are based in Belfast.

So, feel free to be the first to list your details.

http://www.ukcraftfairs.com/promote_your_craft.htm

It would also be good if you could link back to us, so that perhaps we could get a few month Northern Ireland exhibitors and maybe a few faris too (use the following code)

Regards

Michael

Comment

The site looks great with e-commerce.

It's nice you've gone for the neat discreat "add to basket" buttons - too many people go for the whacking great huge buttons to get people's attention, but yours looks very smart.

I wish you all the luck.

Fiona
                        Avon Rep Crafter!
                        Find out about my new ventures! http://www.myspace.com/hackneyhandicrafts
                        http://avonrepresentatives.blogspot.com

Comment

thats weird! I was just looking at your site! I notice you've gone for the same buttons as me! you're site is fab, the pink is really fresh and the whole site looks very colourful and cheerful. I had a conundrum trying to come up with the right colour- - I had green first, but finally settled on the black and white with hot pink. I must say I prefer sites with a lighter background- sometimes I think black can look very opressive. Anyway, I like your site too and wish you the best. some of your beads are lovely - I'm not a beader although I have tried in the past - much to fiddly for me, but now and again I give it another bash, so you never know
                          thanks again, nicola

Comment

Don't forget the forums are run from our craft directory which promotes UK crafters....
                            http://www.ukcraftwebsites.co.uk/jewwlery.php

Enjoy..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Working...
                            X