Okay, here goes ... Feedback please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, here goes ... Feedback please!

Still tinkering with it, but I've finally plucked up the courage to invite you all to check out my new site.

What do think? Would appreciate any constructive feedback, especially opinions on the photos (and ideas on how to improve them!).

Please be honest, but kind (I'm a little nervous since so many people on this forum have such fab sites of their own )

Regards, Carol

It's at www.lindenblossom.com
    Last edited by Linden Blossom; 14-03-2009, 10:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the web address - oops!
    Regards, Carol

http://www.lindenblossom.com

Sorry Carol, probably me but I can't seem to find the link to your site.

Caroline
    silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
    bespoke handmade jewellery
    Silver Jewellery blog
    Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Originally posted by silverjewelleryworkshop View Post
      Sorry Carol, probably me but I can't seem to find the link to your site.

Caroline

Me neither?
      Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

How stupid am I !!

Apologies to those of you who have tried to find the site. The reason you couldn't link to it is because I didn't give you the address (oops ... how stupid do I feel ).

Anyway it's ...

www.lindenblossom.com

Sorry!!
        Regards, Carol

Comment

I think you've done a great job, it's easy to navigate around and your pieces are lovely. I like the idea of bespoke jewellery
          I'm a happy scrapper, always looking for more friends to scrap with

www.scrapaway.toddlebabes.co.uk
          www.janetslittleplace.blogspot.com

Comment

I think it looks great - nice photography, well laid out - but how do I buy? There's no shop, and no easy (instant) get in touch option by each piece.

If it's intended purely as a gallery, then why are the prices shown at all?

You need to add an address and some terms and conditions to comply with distance selling regs too (dull but necessary - lots of threads about this).

Well done though!
            george
            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Originally posted by mizgeorge View Post
              I think it looks great - nice photography, well laid out - but how do I buy? There's no shop, and no easy (instant) get in touch option by each piece.

You need to add an address and some terms and conditions to comply with distance selling regs too (dull but necessary - lots of threads about this).

Well done though!
              Thanks for your feedback - did intend it more to be an online gallery and I'll take onboard your comments re showing prices.

Had a little peak at your site. Your work is absolutely gorgeous - really inspriational. I'm so impressed with your chain maille (did I spell that right . It must take you ages.
              Regards, Carol

Comment

Originally posted by mizgeorge View Post

Well done though!
                Boring though it is T&Cs & contact address are a legal requirement.

Well done on your site, your work looks lovely

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi Carol

The site looks nice, but I would change:

1. The page names to something more meaningful not page1.htm etc
                  2. Make a sitemap of the site and link it to the bottom of the footer (www.xml-sitemaps.com)
                  3. Change your page titles again to something more meaningful if you aren't a well known designer you don't need to include the name of the site in the title except on the home page if you like (it wont benefit you very much to have it on every page)

Hope this helps

Comment

I think it's great for a first site. Definitely add contact information, think about introducing a shopping cart and good luck to you
                    http://www.moxiebeauty.com

Comment

Nice site, well done ... on the 'get in touch' page 'name' isn't in the correct place. It's above and to the side of the box instead of before it. Hope that makes sense.
                      www.belovedly.co.uk
                      www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                      www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

I like it!

I agree, the T&Cs do need to be included, and a few pages where people can buy online would be good too. I see you aren't far from me if you show at Penpont, I live near Sanquhar!

How do you get your pictures to enlarge when you click on them! Nope, don't tell me, I am sick of my website and I'll just keep it daft looking, but at least I am still sane!

Congrats - your pieces are lovely!
                        My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                        http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think your jewellery is beautiful, the site is nice and clear, springlike, are you going to be adding a shopping cart? I love the design your own section too.
                          Sarah

Comment

Working...
                          X