Constructive criticism please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive criticism please!

I launched this website last Spring, and have been happy with the way things have been going, but after the initial mammoth input of hours getting it up and running, I've only tweaked it now and then - time limitations.
    I know it's a pretty complicated site and I'm always looking for comments about the practical aspects of the site - ease of use etc.
    I think comments from people who are in this type of field ie crafts, would be most useful and if anyone can be bothered checking it out and giving me their thoughts I'd be really chuffed.
    I'm happy to hear the bad stuff as well - that's probably even more helpful!
    Marion
    Embroidered Originals
    Here is my Blog
    Embroidered_Originals website
    Follow me on Twitter

Hiya,

Its a great site and looks really professional. I found it easy to navigate through with the side columns.

Deb
    Much love,
    Deb

www.debrajacksondesigns.com

Comment

Very impressive site...easy to use
      [email protected]

Link to Events List for 2010

Comment

I love the site marion, I found it easy to look around at your items, your categories are clear, your pics are great.

I especially love your scottish cards ... (Have a wee seat is gorgeous by the way)

Its really good, well done!
        Sarah

Comment

Hi

Just had a quick look.

I notice that text in the middle of the page goes over the menu buttons on the left side ? I found this a little confusing

Apart from that well done you must be pleased.

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

lovely website you have made... nice colours which are easy on the eye and complement all your pictures...

couldnt find any faults (sorry) but thats a good thing!

Well done !!
            Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

Comment

Hi

I have just had another look, this time in firefox and IE - both were fine.

I use chrome all the time, I don't like IE and with this there is the overlap/bunched up problem?

hth

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                Hi

I have just had another look, this time in firefox and IE - both were fine.

I use chrome all the time, I don't like IE and with this there is the overlap/bunched up problem?

hth

Jane
                A quick question Jane - what is chrome? Pardon my ignorance! And thanks for taking the time to look at it twice.
                Thanks also to all who've looked. You are all too nice to be critical I think!
                Marion
                Marion
                Embroidered Originals
                Here is my Blog
                Embroidered_Originals website
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

What a fantastic website - really polished and professional looking, I love the stitch detail at the top and bottom!

It all looks fine to me, dont touch a thing!

* Chrome is another internet browser, like internet explorer or firefox.

Comment

I get the overlapping text as well. Maybe it's due to screen sizes? *shrug* Really haven't a clue, but thought I should throw it into the conversation. Or maybe some versions of f/fox, although I have the most up to date as far as I know.

Love the colours, very relaxing and easy to look at. The products are excellent, and I too love the Scottish ones, lol. Hae a wee seat. lmao, priceless.

Really, really nice site.
                    Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
                    ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

Hi

chrome is another internet browser, like IE or firefox, looking at my web stats 24% of my visitors use chrome - you need a teccy to explain in more detail what to do.

The other week I was proof reading a site for a friend, it was ok in IE and chrome but not in firefox

hth

Jane
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Love the colour and the ease of navigation but like a few others I have an overlap on my screen from your text on to the buttons. I had that with my website. I have 2 extra layers on my home page in my editable region....it was a case of moving it around until it sat properly in the area.
                        Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                        Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                        My blog
                        Facebook

Comment

I use mozilla and I had the overlap too. Actually, on my old site, I viewed it in mozilla and never checked IE, I wish I had, because in IE the site had all these little bubbles floating all over the screen!!!

I LOVE the Scottish apron! Fantastic! When I have some spare cash I think I might just buy it
                          My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                          http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Overlap here too I'm afraid I'm on Firefox. Looks good otherwise!
                            Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Hi I'm afraid I've also got the text overlaping the menu in firefox 3.0.6 other than that great looking site!

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Working...
                              X