Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it all about the front page?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it all about the front page?

    Do you think the front page needs to be crammed full or less is more??

    I have tried to give a good idea of what i can do so people stick around and maybe click through to the shop ... *hopes*

    My link is below if anyone has time too look would be very greatfull for opinions or feedback on what you think.

    Many thanks
    Sarah
    Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

    http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

  • #2
    I think it looks great as it is, you don't need to change anything everything that needs to be there to draw the customers in is there, just one think to think about is maybe adding the categories side box.


    Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry just noticed that it is already there, ignore me I'm just a bit sleepy head


      Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
      Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Trixie View Post
        Sorry just noticed that it is already there, ignore me I'm just a bit sleepy head
        Thank you for looking... great to know when your on the right road!

        Sometimes i feel like i could change it 5 times a day... plus had someone say to me on friday nite that it was too busy and they didnt click past the 1st page guess they were having a bad day!

        I`ve also seen some fab websites whilst clicking through this page and thinking they all look so nice maybe mine should be like that too...

        Thanks again for looking and relplying xx
        Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

        http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

        Comment


        • #5
          Have you tried the new templates? or if you want it to loook abit wider there was a thread on the dyo forum aboyt making your site wider. I know what you mean though I am constently changing my site and then changing it back again lol


          Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
          Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

          Comment


          • #6
            Do bear in mind though that if people are doing a search then they don't necessarily come in through the front door - they could land on any page.
            ElaineJ soap and other stuff
            website
            blog

            Comment


            • #7
              I do like the front page - lots to pique my interest!
              Cathy xx
              http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
              http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
              http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
              I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Trixie View Post
                Have you tried the new templates? or if you want it to loook abit wider there was a thread on the dyo forum aboyt making your site wider. I know what you mean though I am constently changing my site and then changing it back again lol

                Ooh no havent seen the new templates *runs off to go check them out* Having it wider would really help i think, but again have to play and see what looks right.
                Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

                http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Recycled Bag Lady View Post
                  I do like the front page - lots to pique my interest!
                  Thank you for looking! Glad people like it, all the hard work seems worth while.

                  Just been nosey and looked thru ur bag website and they are all lovely, good prices too!!
                  Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

                  http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think it looks great as it is, any more and it would be too much to take in.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sewandsoaps View Post
                      Ooh no havent seen the new templates *runs off to go check them out* Having it wider would really help i think, but again have to play and see what looks right.
                      If you add your name on the forum for testers then they will be added on


                      Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
                      Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Crikey! I hate to say it but I think that your front page is a bit busy. It gave me a bit of a shock. I don't think it looks bad or anything it's just that there was so much text and so many menus I wan't sure where to to click first.
                        I think its always best to get a range of opinions though (don't neccessarily listen to me!)
                        Just a note about who you are aiming at: (VERY generalised )
                        Women like to save time, they like a simple, clear visual clues about where to click
                        People on the net in general like simplicity: i.e. google's famous white front page with a search box that has made them very popular
                        Men like loads of things to press, explore, click on (in web terms honest!)
                        And as had already been said people can come onto your site on any page not neccesarily your front page.

                        portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

                        buy online: www.mooart.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
                          Do bear in mind though that if people are doing a search then they don't necessarily come in through the front door - they could land on any page.
                          yep this is how the web works...

                          99% of this sites traffic is on internal page.

                          Invest as much time as you can in making every page glow to your potenital customer.
                          .


                          Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

                          Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by elzi View Post
                            Just a note about who you are aiming at: (VERY generalised )
                            Women like to save time, they like a simple, clear visual clues about where to click
                            People on the net in general like simplicity: i.e. google's famous white front page with a search box that has made them very popular
                            Men like loads of things to press, explore, click on (in web terms honest!)
                            And as had already been said people can come onto your site on any page not neccesarily your front page.
                            Sorry for the shock lol.... Have worked on it a bit again today have made it a wider template... not sure if that helps or makes it worse?
                            Its hard to say who i`m aiming at really as i do gifts for everyone & every occassion..

                            Maybe i should change the pink/purple to white?

                            Got alot of work to do (as always) with the listings of each product but also working on that as i type...(think its an on going project!)

                            Thank you for taking the time to look and reply everyone! & for giving your honest opinions!! Sometime you just cant look at your own site anymore without wanting to hit the screen lol
                            Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

                            http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think it looks great! can't say more than that!
                              Diane
                              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars




                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X