I have started blogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have started blogging

I was doing it on a local business forum (blogging that is) but somehow it didnt feel right talking about all things that sparkled when the stuff they were talking about all went whoosh over my head. Then inspired by Enchanting Tiaras blog spot, who is on this forum, I decided that I could do that. So that is what I have been doing for the last week or so. I think I may have to move a couple of pictures into a posting as the more I post the further away these pictures are from the story but other wise I think it is starting to take shape. I have a few nice stories on it if anyone is interested in reading it.
    I do hope you enjoy them.
    Diana
    http://dizatiaras.blogspot.com/
    Something Shiny Something Sparkly
    Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
    My blog
    Facebook

Just make sure that you don't blog any duplicate information that may be on your website - i have a blog which isn't related to my business and it not once got me a hit - i do get hits from blogs but rarely - i dont rate them as an advertising tool for the amount of time that they take up - wordpress is possibly the most popular blog that i get hits from.

Good luck

Comment

Welcome to blogland, I cross reference my site with my blog and post everything new that I am making along with any news.
      Blogs are good advertising and most people will link with your site if they want to buy, also add other blogs and favourite sites for your readers to look at, it all generates business for everyone.
      If you take a peek at mine you will see I have an army of blogs linked, we all help each other. If you want me to add your links let me know.

Comment

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog Caroline. I will pm you.
        My blog
        Facebook

Comment

Coolio blog - I just started blogging too
          though (apart from a picture of my shop & dead diamonds)
          it's more about "life" than jewellery...
          (Note to self: must include Jewellery)

If anyone fancies a look it's here - Murano Silvers Irreverant Blogspot
          The Dizzydiva's inspired me, try to ensure my next post will have some jewellery on..
          Last edited by MuranoSilver; 28-09-2008, 05:55 PM.
          **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
          Different prize every month
          Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
          PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Your blog is great, an interesting read too! I've been blogging since 2006 but still feel like a complete novice! I look at some of these fantastic blogs which have great photographs and feel really amateur.
            I too use my blog to promote my business but also just a place to ramble on about whatever is in my head. I too started off on blogspot but moved onto
            wordpress eventually because you have a lot more freedom to change your design and layout. My blog is in my signature if you fancy a nosey!
            Good luck with your blogging!
            Sarah xx
            www.plain-jane-textiles.co.uk
            Stitched in Sheffield

My blog:
            www.knitting-up-north.co.uk
            I'm a member of:
            Sheffield Craft Candy

Comment

Some great blogs there to read - I often cross reference back to my sites and find it works great. Mine is a mixture of ramblings with bits of work thrown in now and again. I added a tracker 2 weeks ago and am amazed to see I had 135 visitors from 24 different countries I think one of the keys is linking with other Bloggers and taking the time to leave comments on them as the Blog owners and their regualr readers then follow links back to you - and that is key really isn't it - networking at its best . Being nosey I prefer the Blogs that include snippets of life - the ones that are purely pushing a business I find monotonous. I am going to update mine today for a Show and Tell and will add your blogs to my list
              x chris
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

Blogging

I prefer blogs which include snippets of everyday life along with the 'what I'm making/sewing/doing' type posts. I've not had a blog for long and leaving comments on other folks' blogs is a lovely way to start builiding some blogging friendships. I love comments because it's hard to keep going if you feel you're talking to yourself.

I do link to my shop but the blog is as much about what I personally 'make', 'do' as anything businessy. I'm probably like a lot of folk here the lines blur between what's a hobby and what is the 'job/business'.

I'm still finding my way but I'm enjoying it and that must help.
                Julia

Website: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JuliaYo...=hdr_shop_menu
                Facebook:
                https://www.facebook.com/JuliaYorkDesigns?ref=hl
                Blog:https://juliayorkdesigns.wordpress.com

Comment

I agree! I've only recently tarted my blog but to me, a blog is a blog - not a free website. If I want to look up someone's company I go to their website, if I want to find out about them and the stuff they do - I go to their blog! It's a bit like being on this forum I guess.

How did you fit a tracker to yours? I'd eb really interested in that - am trying to find out things like this at the mo so I can see what works etc...
                  Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

Ha ha ha!! Look like I'm a blog tart!

Started. I started my blog recently! Really must learn to proof read!!!
                    Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

Well I started my blog last week & not really sure what I'm supposed to do with it! I love reading other peoples but would feel odd leaving a comment if the person doesnt know me personally or am I being silly!? If I like somebody elses blog do I add them to my 'blog list'? Sorry to seem thick but I'm not the most technical of people!!
                      Caz

www.pearlsandwhirls.co.uk

www.pearlsandwhirls.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I will get round to replying to all of your comments at a later date. This is not a good week for me as my uncle passed away on Friday. But I felt I had to come on here and let you all know that I wasnt ignoring your comments on this thread. I hope you understand and will be patient with me while I take a short break from participating on the forum.
                        Diana
                        My blog
                        Facebook

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, don't worry, take all the time you need.
                          xx
                          www.plain-jane-textiles.co.uk
                          Stitched in Sheffield

My blog:
                          www.knitting-up-north.co.uk
                          I'm a member of:
                          Sheffield Craft Candy

Comment

Hello all....I have had another wee read of all your comments and I agree that you should add a bit of personality to it as well as everything I want to say about the business. So I have started it by talking a little about my uncle as well as the huge opportunity I missed out on. The title of my blog does say it is a diary of my work but I can see no harm in having a wee moan now and then when I need to
                            My blog
                            Facebook

Comment

Working...
                            X