My Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Web Site

Please would you all visit my new website now it is nearly finished as I would appreciate your comments good or bad as I need the feedback so I can change things if needed
    Thank you all
    Pauline

GroovyCart
    Folksy
    MISI
    Ehive

Hi Pauline

I'm confused is your website based in the USA or have you used a template and not yet changed the info - it has a toll free US phone number and Florida address.

I know you've mentioned craft fairs in Luton in previous posts so I'm even more confuddled now
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I too looked at the site and did not know what to think. Is this a US franchise?

Comment

The website looks really good but are you an American company or like netty says is that just a template?

Plus I quickly scanned the about us section and all that was in dollars too and seemed to mention quite a lot of money
        for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

Hi Pauline,

Think you have linked to the wrong site my dear - the link directs us to candles.com not Paulines Candles. Have you changed from your old .co.uk to a .com then?

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Found it Pauline. Your new site has a hyphen

www.paulines-candles.com

Here you go.

What I would say is there is no contact details. Web sites need to have this as it looks a bit dodgy if you have no phone number or address to get in touch with.

HTH.

Cheers.

LIsa

Bowed Over
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I love the colours and it looks very neat.
              I think the shop should be the first tab on the list after the home page and the 'information about soy wax' tab should be near the bottom of the list.
              As you have a candle accessory page I wonder if your shop should be called the candle bakery shop rather than wax bakery?

Melanie

Comment

Sorry I have not answered before now but I forgot I posted this.

First sorry for the misunderstanding and the wrong address I dont know what made me mistype it. I am in the UK and I am based in Luton. Teach me not to double check everything before I post.

Lisa yes your right I had forgotten that fact. I have 2 sites now Lisa the .co.uk and .com and thank you for corrcting the website addy.

Melanie thank you for your suggestion and I will be looking into doing that tomorrow.

Sorry everyone I dont usually not reply to posts I receive so please accept my sincere apologies and my thanx for looking and your comments.
                Pauline

GroovyCart
                Folksy
                MISI
                Ehive

Comment

I'll let you off this time!! Only kidding we all get bogged down now and again and with the new website taking up your time it's only natural.

Good luck with it.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Your website

I think it'd be nice to have a 'shipping policy', an explanation for people about how you charge your postage, how their product gets delivered. Customers get very interested in that kind of detail. ( I do!) They don't want to wait in for registered deliveries/signed for etc. unless there is no other way

Perhaps, it might help in your decriptions of Christmas puddings, cupcakes etc. to say that they are candles - just be ultra clear about what you are selling.

Website loads really quickly and you can move around your pages really well which is a nice plus. Good luck with it all. Those cupcakes look good enough to eat! Gorgeous!
                    Julia

Website: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JuliaYo...=hdr_shop_menu
                    Facebook:
                    https://www.facebook.com/JuliaYorkDesigns?ref=hl
                    Blog:https://juliayorkdesigns.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions and all have been taken on board and will be acted on asap.

I appreciate all your help and once more Thank you.
                      Pauline

GroovyCart
                      Folksy
                      MISI
                      Ehive

Comment

Hi Pauline,

Another thing I think would help would be to put some pictures of your candles on your home page - this will entice people to want to look further into your website.

HTH.

Cheers

Lisa
                        Bowed Over
                        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Everything looks gorgeous! One thing, at first glance I thought that the Snap a Wax was £99!! Think it would be clearer if you put £0.99, not a big deal but it would save anybody mistaking the price and getting a shock!
                          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

My Web Site

I liked it too except I found the text almost impossible to read - not sure if it's my monitor or why this was but I would choose a nice simple font like Arial or Verdana and stay away from fancy italics.

Some of the text you have on the 'Wax Bakery Shop' front page would be better moved to the top of each section of the shop. I think when people are shopping they, generally, want to go to the products and all the information is a bit off putting - alternatively perhaps some pretty pictures of the products would make it more appealing.

Other than the above I thought it was great - and I absolutely adore the Cocktails - fabulous idea and really original and novel...I'm off for a sex on the beach now!

for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                            plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                            Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

I think I have done all the changes on my website, don't think I have missed something. So thanks again everyone
                              xx
                              Pauline

GroovyCart
                              Folksy
                              MISI
                              Ehive

Comment

Working...
                              X