My DaWanda Shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DaWanda Shop...

I've had my DaWanda shop up and running for about a month now and it just occurred to me that I should try and get some feedback on the site and listings themselves.

I've had my first couple of sales in the past few weeks but not really as much interest as I would've liked and I'm wondering if it's the actual site/shop that's putting people off buying or simply lack of exposure.

I would appreciate any feedback/comments at all (good and bad!) that you might have about my shop, and if you have time to answer any of the following questions that would be fantastic!

Link to shop main page
    Example of listing

1. DaWanda is a European site and doesn't yet allow items to be listed in Pounds Sterling. Does the fact that the prices are in Euros put you off at all?

2. If yes, is the additional note at the top of the description in each listing (in the green box) showing approximate price conversions useful?

3. Do you find the site in general to be easy to navigate and is it clear how you register and buy items?

4. Which are your favourite charms in my shop (if you have any!)?

5. Would you be inclined to buy items on DaWanda, considering it's not as popular as say eBay or Etsy?

6. If yes, would you want to buy from my shop (assuming you like the designs and are into phone/handbag charms ) or do you know anyone who would?

Thanks for your time. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Laura xxx
    Last edited by Laura Lou; 31-08-2008, 11:13 AM.
    Laura Lou xxx

My Beaded Charms Shop - new 3d beaded charms added regularly!

Please?

Anyone?

Laura Lou xxx

Comment

I'm just going to check it out, won't be a mo!
      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

eeeeee! how cute is that little duck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Lou View Post

1. DaWanda is a European site and doesn't yet allow items to be listed in Pounds Sterling. Does the fact that the prices are in Euros put you off at all?

It confused me at first but i found the converter!

2. If yes, is the additional note at the top of the description in each listing (in the green box) showing approximate price conversions useful?

Definately, is there anyway you could make it bigger? I didn't spot it at first.

3. Do you find the site in general to be easy to navigate and is it clear how you register and buy items?

I've just registered now it was really easy, more so than other sites i've been on.

4. Which are your favourite charms in my shop (if you have any!)?

Got to be the duck, i've got three of that little fellow in my basket! I like the strawberry, red shoe and the big pink heart.

5. Would you be inclined to buy items on DaWanda, considering it's not as popular as say eBay or Etsy?

Why wouldn't I?

6. If yes, would you want to buy from my shop (assuming you like the designs and are into phone/handbag charms ) or do you know anyone who would?

I think i've already answered that!

Thanks for your time. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Laura xxx
          I think you just have to be patient, like you said you've only been running it a month, but asking people on this forum has obviously helped, you just need to get your name out there, i'm going to tell my friends about you too.

Comment

Thanks Louise! That's very kind of you.

I wish I could make the text bigger but it doesn't allow any formatting at all (I've tried inserting html, BB code etc but it doesn't work). I think that probably because the site's quite new, there are a few functions that haven't been enabled yet. Hopefully, they'll get something sorted soon. (I keep emailing suggestions to them, lol, including the currency thing!)

3 ducks! I better start beading, lol!
            Just had a sale completed today (the apple) after I thought the buyer wasn't going to pay. She ordered last week and I hadn't heard anything from her but just received payment today so am going to post it tomorrow.

Thanks again for 'reviewing' my shop!
            Last edited by Laura Lou; 02-09-2008, 12:31 AM.
            Laura Lou xxx

Comment

I'd appreciate a few more 'feedbacks' if anyone's got the time
              Laura Lou xxx

Comment

I've had a look and I like it.
                Pictures are clear within nothing distracting you from the piece.
                The note re price conversion is very handy and I love the dolphin charms
                Caro
                www.garletongems.com

Comment

Hi

Your charms are really beautifully made and ever so cute.
                  Navigation is easy but when I went to add an item to the cart it did not add. I had to click 4 to 5 times - it said loading but nothing happened.
                  Eventually I picked another and it did, so I dont know what the problem is.
                  Euro price is a bit frustrating as you have to calculate every time .
                  I will register with them soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Needlecraft and Beads View Post
                    Hi

Your charms are really beautifully made and ever so cute.
                    Navigation is easy but when I went to add an item to the cart it did not add. I had to click 4 to 5 times - it said loading but nothing happened.
                    Eventually I picked another and it did, so I dont know what the problem is.
                    Euro price is a bit frustrating as you have to calculate every time .
                    I will register with them soon.
                    Thanks for letting me know about the problems with the Shopping Cart. Not great for maximising sales, is it? I will email DaWanda about it.
                    Laura Lou xxx

Comment

hi

i had a look at you shop and i really like your charms - the owl is my favourite he is very cute indeed. my immediate though was how big are these items? why are they cut out on white? and it would be nice to see them in action - maybe on a bag - on a phone - round you neck, i can see maybe it has been difficult to photo them close up and then photoshop them (always a minefield) but the shots look somehow out of context and a little 'unatural' in their environment. i think some model shots of them looking extremely cute in action would increase sales and views, give the customer as much visual info as possible, in one or two photos. good luck! L
                      www.MyEhive.com
                      Make a living doing what you love.

Comment

I agree about the photos - it's something I really struggled with. When I first started I tried different angles/backgrounds/lighting and most of them turned out cr*p, basically! I decided that the clearest photos were the ones with a white background (although the ones with white/pale beads didn't look as good) so I just went with those.

I think I'm going to have another go though - any tips? I think I'll go with the phone idea - although what put me off originally with this is that I might need to put in big letters in the listing 'PHONE NOT INCLUDED' lol.

Any ideas on lighting? Is it better to use natural light and take the photos outside?

Thanks, queenbee, for the advice.
                        Laura Lou xxx

Comment

hi laura

have a look at the competition - who are the bestselling phone charms company you know of? and how do they display their items online? always a good place to start! another idea is if they show up better on white only shoot them on white accessories, bags, phones, t shirts, they are colourful items - they less they have to compete with in a photo the better they will stand out! also you will need a good zoom lens to get the best detail out of them, hope this helps, you can always send me some test shots if you like to have a look at. L
                          www.MyEhive.com
                          Make a living doing what you love.

Comment

1. Pricing can be a put off as it may mean shipping is high in cost if coming from europe somewhere?

2. Very usefull. Maybe add to products overview?

3. clear to navigate and buy, but payment methods are limited

Comment

Working...
                            X