Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on site please - especially navigation

Hi,

I've had my site up and running for some time now and as far as I know it's been working fine, (have had a couple of sales and several enquiries via the site) but I've recently had some feedback from a few people about links that don't work, and that the site keeps freezing.

The problem is, it works absolutely fine for me, both on my home PC and at work, so I thought I'd appeal to a few of my fellow crafters

If people wouldn't mind checking out the site (in my sig) for broken links etc and let me know that would be great. Apparently some of the photos don't load either.

In terms of content - it's in desparate need of an update this weekend, and I know the photos are a bit (!) ropey - I'm still saving for a new camera

Thanks,

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Hi Claire, before I start your bracelets and things are absolutely beautiful (I'm not sure how to spell jewellry) and I may be back to buy some yet.

Your site unfortunately took ages to load, then some of the pictures on your home page took a while to load but loaded eventually, your jewellery page took a while to load and some of the pictures did not load at all. The screen also kept freezing and the News and Links buttons did not work at all, Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Vil
    for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

It may depend on the browser being used. I am using firefox and the home page just has ' welcome to lady luck jewellery' on it - no pictures. The page seems to be huge, 2 1/2 pages long and 3 1/2 pages wide, and if I scroll across then I can also see the 'individually designed.... ' line. but nothing comes up to click on to get to any other pages.
      I tried in IE and the page comes up the right size but the pictures are slow and won't load at all on your necklaces page

Melanie

Comment

You definitely have a problem I'm afraid. I just got the front page with the welcome and had to scroll across and down to get anything else. No pics, links, basket nothing I'm afraid. Hope you can fix it real soon so we can see your work.
        www.littlebead.blogspot.com
        www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Works in IE but not firefox

It's fairly clunky too, very slow and the pictures take ages to load up

I don't know how to make a web page work in all browsers! I am technologically challenged myself!
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far, I thought there might be a problem, I know the pictures are quite large files, so maybe that has something to do with the loading speed.

I'll spend some time on it this weekend if I can - I'll probably be back next week to ask for more feedback again

Claire

Comment

hi,

funky jewellery & agree with the pics but thats only minor as it does sort itself out eventually!!

good luck
              www.thecrafttutor.co.uk
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Ideas In Paper View Post
                Hi Claire, before I start your bracelets and things are absolutely beautiful (I'm not sure how to spell jewellry) and I may be back to buy some yet.

Your site unfortunately took ages to load, then some of the pictures on your home page took a while to load but loaded eventually, your jewellery page took a while to load and some of the pictures did not load at all. The screen also kept freezing and the News and Links buttons did not work at all, Hope this helps.
                Cheers
                Vil
                Sorry, I experienced the same as Vil, but your jewellery is wonderful!

Jo x
                Things to make and do
                Things to make and do's Facebook page
                Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hi, all I get up is the welcome page with header and 2 small paragraphs of writing, no pictures at all. You should reduce the resolution of your pictures to about 70 for fast loading. Don't just resize them with the resizing handles as they stay the same file size and will take as long to load. If you have a graphics program or Microsoft office you should be able to optimize them for the internet in there.

I have just checked out you site a bit. It does work fine in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox or Chrome (Googles new Browser). I did notice when it loaded in IE that the web address has a capital I on the index page sometimes capitals can affect things, so try keeping everything for file names in lower case. Hope this helps.
                  Last edited by jumiclads; 11-09-2008, 08:31 PM.
                  Julie & Mick

Portraits in pastels by Julie http://www.juliepilcher.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I'm getting the same as janet I'm afraid, Just a little writing on a massive page with no pics or links.
                    I'm on firefox if that could be the reason.

Jode
                    To see our handmade bath and beauty productcs, all made with fair trade organic oils and butters, please click the link to our Etsy shop below:
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5184519

Love & Bubbles
                    Jode
                    x

Comment

Hey hon

Well, i didnt find much of a prob at all.....Have you fixed it now? The pics did take a few moments to load but no big deal. I love your idea....could i suggest something totally apart from your thread?
                      It would be nice if you had separate headings for 50's, 60's items. it's just that as i was looking at your site i thought it would be great for a friend of mine who is mad about the 50's!!! But i do however fancy purchasing her a crimbo prez from you, if you will make to order? I will pm you with details!
                      Other than that,excellent jewellery-great themes!!!!x
                      Dee x
                      Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                      Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                      Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Hi,
                        Your jewelry is gorgeous
                        Unfortunately, (i'm using IE) the web pages were very jerky, I couldn't get the last 2 buttons to work down the left hand side.
                        I don't know why that would be to try and offer solutions - I;m not that great at computer stuff - I hope you get it sorted soon
                        Fiona
                        http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                        Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                        My Facebook

Comment

Umm!

More bad new I'm afraid. I'm using an Apple Mac, running Firefox and I just get a page with 'Lady Luck jewellery' on it and nothing... No links, no photo's no nothing at all.....

Best of luck with sorting it all out....
                          Julia

Website: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JuliaYo...=hdr_shop_menu
                          Facebook:
                          https://www.facebook.com/JuliaYorkDesigns?ref=hl
                          Blog:https://juliayorkdesigns.wordpress.com

Comment

I've had a look at the source code for your site and it looks as though this has been produced using Microsoft Office.

In its present form it will not run on any other browser than Internet Explorer (and probably won't display properly on the new Internet Explorer 8 when it is generally released).

I'm afraid that in order to have it display properly across a range of modern browsers (which is really necessary) it needs a complete rewrite.

With my other hat on I am a website developer and if you want any advice drop me a PM.

John
                            I follow the "Way of the Clay"
                            http://www.lockettpots.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the feedback from everyone - I'm still having probs

John, I've dropped you a PM

Claire

Comment

Working...
                              X