Veryfying a site for google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veryfying a site for google

Ok I'm stuck., yet again. Apparently to get google to check out all sorts of stuff on your website you have to verify the fact that the website is yours. You can either add a meta tag or verify by uploading a HTML file, it claims to be simple it's even got little examples of how to do it but no matter how hard i try I just can't get either of them onto my Mr Site web page and I'm getting really frustrated to put it politely...Any one got any tips PLEASE
    for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Can't help personally, I'm afraid, but I will be watching this post to see if it's something I need to do on my site!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

By all accounts when you have verified your website you get access to all sorts of little bits of info, like if you have any crawl errors on your pages and a proper traffic guide that shows you were your visitors have come from etc (but I think you can get traffic guide thingys from a few places anyway), theres loads of other things as well apparently but I cant remember them!!!!

I must be getting old

Comment

Anyone at all have any idea??????

Comment

Hi Vil
          Can you post a copy of the meta tag here?
          It should look something like this: <meta name="verify-v1" content="REMOVED KEY" />

If you can post your meta tag here, my husband can put it into a copy of your index page, and we'll email it to you. Then you'll just have to replace the home page the way you did with your Links page.
          Jo x
          Last edited by 0103media; 24-07-2008, 04:21 PM. Reason: best to key your keys non public
          Things to make and do
          Things to make and do's Facebook page
          Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

google is having problems with the page upload verify at present.. You need to use the meta tag..

The code of a page looks something like this:

PHP Code:
            <html>
               <
            head>
               </
            head>
                         <
            body>

your content is here

</body>
            </
            html
            The meta tag from google needs to go inbetween the <head> and </head>

HTH

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hi Jo
              What can I say your a star, but to be honest I just copied and pasted that thing this morning, but here is the meta tag it can't hurt to try.

<meta name="verify-v1" content="REMOVED KEY" />

Thanks again
              Vil
              Last edited by 0103media; 24-07-2008, 04:20 PM. Reason: best to key your keys non public

Comment

Hi Vil
                The meta tag's been edited here, and we can't read it; can you email it to me instead? That's probably the safest way.

Jo x
                Things to make and do
                Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Lovejoy View Post
                  Hi Vil
                  The meta tag's been edited here, and we can't read it; can you email it to me instead? That's probably the safest way.

Jo x
                  The meta tag is for your own site and is a key.. You can't share these things and again its best not to put them public...

hth

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                  (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

sorry I did not realise

Comment

Sorry, I didn't know either. I consider myself repremanded
                      Jo x
                      Things to make and do
                      Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

I've been trying to verify mine on google too, with that meta tag
                        I can't do it either, it won't verify
                        I think I'm putting the meta tag in the wrong place, I can't find the html it refers to in the help LOL

Fiona
                        http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                        Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                        My Facebook

Comment

how to verify

Hi

I have just verified my site with Mr site.

I have Mr Site pro, and I went to option 'extra - site Boost - creat a map - one click map. Once the map is created I went to the option they give at the top :

Successfully made your sitemap!
                          We created your sitemap and placed a copy in your Mr Site web space. Click on the link below to view.
                          Next STEPS:Submit your Website and Sitemap to Google

This will take you to the verification page - click next until you come to a page where they show you what to insert 'google............html

Once inserted on that page of mr site - you should be verifyed.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for that but I've only got Mr Site basic but I shall give it a try now and let you know.
                            Thanks again

Comment

Two methods:

Meta tag. in your index page (index.html, index.php what every extension)
                              Open the file and view the source.

Either use ctrl+f or search for <title>your title here</title>

Below this you can add your key:

<meta name="verify-v1" content="REMOVED KEY" />

Once you have pasted this in, save to where it is hosted and hit verify on your google account.

Alternatively,

Upload / save the google file to the same directory as your site (yoursite.com/googlefilename.htm) as supplied by google

Then on google account hit verify and it will automatically search for it and verify your account.

Comment

Working...
                              X