My craft website - what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My craft website - what do you think?

I've recently started a craft website, www.things-to-make-and-do.co.uk . I've done my best to make it easy to use, and to make all the projects simple to follow, with lots of pictures. Can you all have a look at it, and let me know what you think? Are the projects okay - and what other ideas would you suggest I add to it? I'm adding at least one new thing a week, which I like, because it means I get to do crafting and claim it's for the good of the website...

And if you've a website of your own, I'd love to swap links with you - I need to get some page rank with Google, because I have GoogleAds on my site, and my husband says I can only keep the site going if it doesn't cost too much to run. So I'm hoping for the odd click or two to help with running costs!

Anyway, here's the link again:www.things-to-make-and-do.co.uk/

Let me know what you think! Thanks.
    Jo x
    Things to make and do
    Things to make and do's Facebook page
    Michael Lovejoy's Art

I think the site looks really nice, very clear and well laid out. The content is good... particularly with the summer holidays coming up and lots of bored kids around! I wish you all the best with it.

I'll try to remember to add a link on my website when I get a chance, and hope you consider doing the same for me. Drop me a PM if I forget!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

I like your website, I had a look the other day when you joined the forum. I will swap links with you. What description do you want next to you link?

Thanks
      Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
      Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
      Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

what a brilliant website - I'll add a link to mine for you
        www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I've now added the link!

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Just added your link on my site www.sillyoldbear.co.uk

Sharon
            Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
            Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
            Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Jo, that's a great site you've done there - I'll let my friend know about it as she is looking for thing to do with her 2 boys on rainy days this hols!

I'm happy to swap links with you, my website is in my signature. I'll try to get your link onto my site this weekend at the latest.

Claire
              Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
              Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
              www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Thankyou for all the kind words and adding links, my long-suffering hubby has just torn himself away from his sculpting to add a links section to my website (thats true love for you ). So far we have added 'Wood Tattoos', 'Silly Old Bear' and 'Corrigan Cards'.
                Thanks guys! I feel like I've just become part of a really great family.
                Jo x
                Things to make and do
                Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

It's great!!!!

Link me if you want - www.tiptoptoppers.co.uk and I'll add you to mine!!

Comment

I have just had a look and its great ... i will add a link to my blogs and try and add one to my website

Sara x
                    allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

What a superbly designed and well laid out website, I'm in awe it makes mine look appalling, but has inspired me to start the work on mine that I've been threatening to do for weeks. If you like I will swap links with you my web stuffs is in my signature.

Again great website, Well done
                      for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all your links, I've also added to my website links section - 'lady luck jewellery', 'tip top toppers', 'ideas in paper' and 'kitty eden'/'all about eden' website and blog.
                        Thanks for all your support everyone .
                        Jo x
                        Things to make and do
                        Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Thats a lovely site - well done. It's very clear and concise. I am a quilter so I was very interested in that section and I feel that a beginner would easily work from your instructions.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Jo I can only add to what the other members have said. Your website looks 'Top Notch'. Nice plain layout, simple to navigate and communicates what you want to get across very nicely.

When I used to build web sites, many people wanted Flash Movies and all sorts of fancy stuff, which if not used in moderation I find can be very distracting.

You have done a lovely job of your site! An all round good looking website.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Really like your web site!!!! Very easy to follow and very nice projects!! Sue xx
                              http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X