Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would appreciate your comments!!

Hi there

well just taken the plunge and bought a Mr Site website and been having a good play around with it and think it is finally ready!!

I'm selling my handmade cards, tag toppers and some die cuts at the moment and hope to do other related bits in the future.

So would really appreciate your comments - good and bad!, before I begin to advertise my site.

And if anybody out there has any recommendations for places to advertise on the web or suggestions for links I would be grateful.

www.pinkpandacards.co.uk

thanks in advance crafty people
    Ruth
    Ruth
    www.pinkpandacards.co.uk
    for your personalised handmade cards, toppers and die cuts

Hi Ruth

Welcome to the forum

Had a quick look on your site and liked it a lot - nice and easy to navigate, clear pictures and a clean look if you get what I mean.

Also thought your cards were fab and very reasonably priced too, loved the men's cards especially!

Think it's definately ready for you to start advertising it - the first place that springs to mind is the directory linked to this forum as it seems to get loads of hits.

love
    Netty

PS. One minor bit of constructive criticism is that I couldn't see your contact details anywhere - personally I'd never order from a site which didn't display a physical address and contact number and I've a feeling Trading Standards say much the same.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

thanks for that really appreciate your comments, I understand what you're saying re the contact details but I work from home, don't have a 'business' so would I really want to put my home address on???? will have a think and see what I come up with.

Good luck with your website too - had a look and nice and professional. (obviously a lot more advanced than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ruth
      Ruth
      www.pinkpandacards.co.uk

Comment

I like the look of the website, great to look at and easy to use etc. I agree about the contact details. Following on from Nattynettys comment I believe it is a technical condition of internet selling that an address and telephone number is available.

Good Luck with it!
        craftcellar.co.uk
        facebook.com/craftcellar
        twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

Hi Ruth

I think all of us small businesses working from home are reluctant to put our home address but we have no choice. I looked at getting a PO box but not sure it's really worth the money.
          I read many times on business forums that it's more or less a legal requirement to have a full physical address, whichever you choose to put on there.
          And to think about it, your address will show on all invoices anyway!

You've got yourself a great site there. The cards are very nicely scanned/photographed.

I hope Paypal works well on your site. I ended up offering Nochex because if the customer has no Paypal account, well they still want the customer to open one and it can delay the sale (and lose it!)!
          I lost a few sales. So now I've put a mention that only Paypal users can pay by Paypal, it works a treat! Nochex is also hit and miss unfortunately.... Conclusion: I am getting a payment terminal by the end of the month!

Good luck with your site!
          Bea
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Paypal is now updated and the customer doesn't need to have or open an account to use it. It is a useful way of processing credit cards which I find works really well.
            craftcellar.co.uk
            facebook.com/craftcellar
            twitter.com/craftcellar

Comment

thanks so much again, ok will have to sort out address - suppose it's not so private these days anyway the amount of info people can find out about you.

I also head that with paypal you no longer need to open an account with them apparantly you have the option to at the end of the transaction but it isn't necessary which I think is great I'm sure it must have put people off in the past. (hope to find out one day when I get my first order that it works ok!!!)

Ruth
              Ruth
              www.pinkpandacards.co.uk

Comment

Hi
                Your site is looking good.
                One thing I would point out though is that with a vast market out there, people need to feel confident. A counter on the bottom of the page with only a few hits clocked up is not a confidence builder and says either this site/ vendor has not been around long and therefore might not be reliable.
                Or alternaty this site only has a few hits it can't be any good.
                When you set your counter up, you can start it several hundred up so that it's a little higher and doesn't give the game away.
                Hope that helps.
                Good luck with it!!
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

hi thanks for those comments.

I agree about the counter thing I did wonder whether to hide it as well, didn't know you could 'cheat' and set at different level, that's good!!

Although having said that I don't really know who the 38 people are that have looked so far so that's funny.

all the best with your own ventures too
                  Ruth
                  Ruth
                  www.pinkpandacards.co.uk

Comment

It's a really professional looking website and is really easy to use.
                    Good Luck.
                    Stunning Handcrafted Jewellery
                    www.lizdesigns.co.uk

Comment

Drop the clock its totally pointless
                      Drop the counter more pointlessnessessss
                      Drop the world map vistor thngy yep you guess pointless too
                      Banner for the amount of space it takes up, try using it to your advantage
                      display some of your best stuff on the home page above the fold

3/10

Comment

Originally posted by fuddle
                        Yep..

What is the point of the clock ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by fuddle
                          Banner for the amount of space it takes up, try using it to your advantage
                          display some of your best stuff on the home page above the fold

3/10
                          all valid points especially using the space above the fold better, most business sites are reworked at least 3 times before the owner is happy.

•I would redo the bear logo thing on the right
                          •Lines such as "I have been making cards as a hobby for just over two years now" doesn't fill me with confidence.
                          •THE CARDS ARE C6 IN SIZE - how big is that?

James.
                          Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
                          Free Classifieds

Comment

Any chance of a link to your website Fuddle?

Comment

Working...
                            X