Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website link swap - statistic counter

Hi all,

I was just thinking about the fact that quite a few of us seem to be swapping links at the mo, and I was wondering if anyone would like the website address for the free web statistics / counter service I use so that you can see how many of your site visitors are referrals from other craft sites.

I'm not certain if I'm allowed to post the link as it's not craft related, so please PM me, or can a mod perhaps confirm if I can post it up here.

I use this service on mine and my OH's sites and it's quite intersting to see where your visitors come from. Needless to say, quite a lot of mine are from here

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Try this

http://www.google.com/analytics/

Its free and you don't have to link to anyone!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I looked at having the Google one too, I think it's supposed to be pretty good for a freebie.

The one I use is very similar I beleive, and if the service ever gets poor or I have to pay, I think I'll move to Google analytics.

Just a thought - do you know if having the Google analytics means that you get up any higher in Google rankings?

Claire

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
        Just a thought - do you know if having the Google analytics means that you get up any higher in Google rankings?

Claire

no nothing to do with ranking..

ranking = content + freshness + links + age

Link exchanges count a small amount but no much...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

You should also have a stats package with your hosting company - worth checking out - often you have to initiate it
          Chris xx
          My Website
          My Blog

Comment

Hi Kiamyka,

My hosting co has got a basic stats package included, but to be honest it's a bit flaky and doesn't really tell me a lot other than total page loads by day, week & month, and that usually doesn't work properly, which is a real shame because otherwise I've had a good service from them.

Claire

Comment

Claire that's a shame - my host's got great facilities for it
              Chris xx
              My Website
              My Blog

Comment

I use google analytics too, its great, i get addicted seeing where im getting hits from.

It even shows what search words search engines send people to you from
                http://www.LunarraStar.com & http://Lunarrastar.etsy.com
                http://www.DarkEleganceDesigns.com & http://DarkEleganceDesigns.etsy.com

Comment

very good sitecounters website

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
                  Hi all,

I was just thinking about the fact that quite a few of us seem to be swapping links at the mo, and I was wondering if anyone would like the website address for the free web statistics / counter service I use so that you can see how many of your site visitors are referrals from other craft sites.

I'm not certain if I'm allowed to post the link as it's not craft related, so please PM me, or can a mod perhaps confirm if I can post it up here.

I use this service on mine and my OH's sites and it's quite intersting to see where your visitors come from. Needless to say, quite a lot of mine are from here

Claire
                  Hiiiii all,
                  I am so excited to share a very good sitecounters website with you all that i found over the internet. This has so many different kind of counter style, play, music, fashion, computers etc. But the good thing is this, you can make your own sitecounters. You just have to chose font color, style and background color.

I had a tough time to find out a pale background color sitecounters for my website but i found the following site and made my own.

[removed and banned.]

You can also see the demo there

This sitecounters site also provide a very good and real time statistic.

i would share more sitecounters site as i will find more good then this one
                  Last edited by 0103media; 12-07-2008, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X