Great all round craft website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great all round craft website

I've found a really good website from Coats Crafts UK. It's packed full of free projects, how-to's and interesting features, there's also a product brochure and 'magazine' type section called "inspiration" which regulary updates, a really good site to have in your bookmarks....
    http://www.coatscrafts.co.uk
    http://www.maiaembroidery.com

What it happen to be your site ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Make sure you read the rules please..

Your ip is coming from "Coats Craft UK Ltd" so guess this would be the site yeh ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

How come you're letting him live?

Comment

Must admit I'd thought it was a bit strange first post and all that mentioning a website straight away....... Well spotted your a credit to moderating.....Whats ip??
          for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

These guys don't miss a trick - which makes this site a much nicer palce to 'live'

An IP is your computers unique address when you are connected to the internet, and with the right software/tools, website owners/administrators can see the IP addresses of the people visiting thier site.

I hope that made sense to you

Claire
            Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
            Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
            www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Apologies for not reading the rules although a forum called "UK website Reviews" I would think should be a place to post website reviews???

Comment

Originally posted by craft fan View Post
                Apologies for not reading the rules although a forum called "UK website Reviews" I would think should be a place to post website reviews???
                As my Grandma used to say, "Thought went to the toilet and thought he pulled his trousers down"
                Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Originally posted by craft fan View Post
                  Website reviews yes, self promotion no. If you have a look around at other posts and get to know how the forum works you will have more chance of survival here than you will questioning how we work.

Comment

I wasn't questionning how the site worked but I am surprised at the response my post has had, the site is a resource for crafters, with how-to's and projects to inspire people to pick up new crafting techniques, i'm promoting myself less that you are with your three links underneath your name, I geniunely was trying to set up a discussion about crafts and the people who have responded aren't interested in finding a new site which may be of intrest, instead it's been all negative.
                    Last edited by craft fan; 16-06-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Look at the top left hand corner of this page. UK Craft Websites. A business. A business which has competition, as do all businesses. Would you put an advertising poster for Sainsburys in a branch of Tesco? Is it becoming a little clearer why you had the response you had? We welcome 'crafters' as members, not 'craft websites'. It ain't rocket science.
                      Oh, and when you get to 2400 posts, you can promote your site the way I have. I look forward to it.

Comment

This is a fantastic site for genuine crafters, the members and moderators are wonderful. Unfortunately, you still haven't read the rules, if you had, you'd know why we can have links under our names!! Do you really feel it's your right to join a forum, or, club, or any organisation and then wade in and question how the place is run? Isn't it better to familiarise yourself with the organisation first, get to know how it's run, get to know the people, make contributions to conversations? Or, maybe you don't have enough time while your searching for sites on which you can promote yourself??
                        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Idiots

I think he is mistaking the members of this forum for idiots, I am sure if he played by the rules instead of treating us like suckers he would be welcome and people would enjoy checking his site out.
                          Chris W.
                          x
                          Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
                            These guys don't miss a trick - which makes this site a much nicer palce to 'live'

An IP is your computers unique address when you are connected to the internet, and with the right software/tools, website owners/administrators can see the IP addresses of the people visiting thier site.

I hope that made sense to you

Claire
                            thanks very much for that and it did make sense to me eventually, I'm not the worlds brightest when it comes to computers
                            for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

We welcome new ideas and thoughts here, but only if you're transparent about who you are, where you are from and what your intention on the forum is. If you are a genuine crafter who makes stuff, but who also runs a craft supplies website, then tell us honestly. You'd have got a much better reaction. However if you've found this site and thought you'd found some free ad space then sorry, we're a bit smarter than that. The mods have let you stay...don't push it!
                              Love LittleGems x
                              http://LittleGemsUK.etsy.com
                              www.truly-handmade.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X