Get listed on Google etc......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get listed on Google etc......

Hi, I've noticed a few threads regarding google listings etc, and I just came across some info on how to get listed on google that I thought some of you may find useful. It seemed relatively easy to follow and takes you through all the basic steps......I just did this and I appear to be on there already! Anyway, follow this link if you're interested...........
    www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/marketing-tips/google-submissions.html

Cheers, Marie
    Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
    Facebook Page
    Vintage Emporium Shop

took a look, not so good. better:

set up a google webmaster account, submit site and get it verified by pasting hmtl code to main page. put an xml. site map file in your highest directory and tell google were it is. ensure your site is search engine optimized, SEO before hand. google looks for interesting and unique content, information. if all goes well you will be listed in days.

same with yahoo to site explorer. you will need to sign in with a yahoo email account.

not letting me put url so you will have to search, sorry. email if stuck.
    Darren

www.turnerpens.com

Comment

I'm a seo .. its my job and you do not need to submit to ANY search engines..

FACT!

You need content and links..

Use sites like craftjuice for free links and comment on blog etc..

DO NOT submit sites your likely to get spammed...

All search engine now follow links so your sig is important and will get you indexed pretty fast..

Hope that helps

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Complicatedandconfused.poop

Thanks for your knowledge! As you can tell I am a complete novice and have obviously not got the hang of all this confusing computer/linking stuff. There is so much information I just get bogged down with what is the right thing to do for me and my site.... guess that's why the Craft Forum is a good place to be!
        Cheers, appreciate it!
        Marie
        Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
        Facebook Page
        Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Don't worry .. Read this thread..

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4205

Give many seo's opinion on why something ranks.. To be listed will just happen don't every worry about that...

hope it helps

Comment

....................and here's me thinking seo meant somebody else's office................!

Comment

the question was about listing not ranking.

are you saying do not submit a site map to google webmaster or verify your account. this seems strange to me.

a site will not necessarily be listed or indexed any faster by linking.

if your site contains good content is seo friendly and in listed via webmaster it will be listed and indexed within days, weeks and will cost you nothing.

as for ranking, yes good links, blogs, social tags, submitting articles, good content, seo friendly will improve ranking. diy and it will cost you nothing.

i am a pen maker i have no interest in making money out of web stuff, my knowledge is free.
              Darren

www.turnerpens.com

Comment

Sitemap are very important yes but linkage is the key.. Its links that get you index and not having a webmaster tools account.

Yes use google webmaster tools ... Use the xml sitemap with google, yahoo and msn and of course your users should be able to veiw a html version of the sitemap..

The xml sitemap for google are only really useful for sites like this in which we get some 500 new pages a day of which I ping google about them to say "hey these pages are new" ...

Quote from google:

Although Google crawls billions of pages, it's inevitable that some sites will be missed. When our spiders miss a site, it's frequently for one of the following reasons:
                • The site isn't well connected through multiple links to other sites on the web.
                • The site was launched after Google's most recent crawl was completed.
                • The design of the site makes it difficult for Google to effectively crawl its content.
                • The site was temporarily unavailable when we tried to crawl it or we received an error when we tried to crawl it. You can use Google webmaster tools to see if we received errors when trying to crawl your site.

The list is in order..

links, times,crap design, offline..

http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=34397

Comment

good, we agree. listing on google webmaster tools is essential. and i agree links are essential too as long as they are relevant to what you do are doing.

as stated, agree content with google hugely important.

i dont agree unless you build link you will not be listed or you will be overlooked. it may take a little more time if you do nothing else but you will be listed.

As a note to others, just posting your site here, back linking, will help with listing and indexing of a site. or you can chose to buy into a listing, quicker, or submit to a free directory, slower. which ever you choose make it relevant, quality over quantity.
                  Darren

www.turnerpens.com

Comment

Working...
                  X