Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French crafts site - Opinions needed

Hello everybody,

We are a small French company trying to promote artcraft of good quality. Our web site presents various crafts : ceramics, stained-glass, stencils, jewelry, lampshade, patina, ... made by different crafters.

So, to help us, we would appreciate reviews from all of you !

Thank you !
    Last edited by Route de l'Artisanat; 18-07-2009, 02:20 PM.
    Route de l'Artisanat
    http://www.routedelartisanat.com

Hi,

Just had a quick look at the site and its looking good. Only 2 things I would say, firstly do you have any way of showing the prices in pounds rather than euros? A lot of us in the uk find it quite difficult to translate prices from Euros to pounds. Obviously I appricate that the rate fluctuates daily but maybe an approximate price indication in sterling?

Secondly maybe an option to pay for items without having to sign up? sometimes when I make a one off purchase I dont want to go through the palavar of signing up to something I just want to pay and go!

otherwise looking good!
    Blog: www.thesewingdirectory.blogspot.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Se...5848809?ref=ts
    Twitter: @sewingdirectory

Comment

It's a lovely site.

I love the stained glass mirrors and the chicken products.

This may be useful: http://www.mioplanet.com/products/currencyconverter/

I am not sure whether you could actually put it on the website, but if not, then a link to it may help. It is free, sits on your desktop, and converts from any currency into any currency.
      digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
      blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
      hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
      blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

I really like the look of your site and the things you are selling.

I'm with Makedoandmend - having to log on drives me crazy. I just want to click and spend. My computer remembers my address etc. so there's no problem filling it in over and over again.

I know this is loads more work but if you are thinking of promoting your site in England...and Scotland and Ireland and Wales, you could do with a version with English text.

Just thoughts....
        Best of luck.
        May your business prosper,
        AnnieAnna

Comment

Hi !
          Thanks for you thoughts about my site.
          I will think of the possibility to convert the prices (pounds or even other currencies). And I will have a look on the link mioplanet.

But could you tell me, if you would like to buy something on routedelartisanat.com, would it be sufficicent if you are only informed of the equivalent in pounds? (it means that you would pay in Euros ), or would you need to have the bill with a price in pounds ?

Concerning the possibility to buy without signing up, it seems very important and popular. I will think of it too but it may be functional later on.

Last point, AnnieAnna, I may have not well understood your last suggestion, but it seems that you ask for an English version and it is already done. You have to click on the English flag on your right, and here it is. Is it what you were looking for ?
          Route de l'Artisanat

Comment

Sorry. I didn't see it.

Now why didn't I see it?
            Because I can read French and was so excited at looking at your pictures I didn't scan the whole screen?
            Did all you others spot the Union Jack?

AnnieAnna

Comment

Hmmmm, the payment thing.......
              I think that as you are in France I would expect to pay you in Euros.
              The credit card thingies do it automatically so the only problem would be deciding whether I like the price in the first place (and how much the postage will be).
              Maybe just a link to a currency conversion site would be enough. Maybe with a little message - to find the (approximate) price in pounds click here.
              It's very difficult as the exchange rate is constantly changing and every bank has it's own rate.
              Our being so pig headed about not joining the Eurozone is very annoying, isn't it?
              AnnieAnna

Comment

I love your site and your jewellery is quite different - beautiful work.
                http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Route de l'Artisanat View Post

But could you tell me, if you would like to buy something on routedelartisanat.com, would it be sufficicent if you are only informed of the equivalent in pounds? (it means that you would pay in Euros ), or would you need to have the bill with a price in pounds ?

Concerning the possibility to buy without signing up, it seems very important and popular. I will think of it too but it may be functional later on.
                  Hi, I think you're site is wonderful and the merchandise is fabulous!

I often prefer to NOT have to register and log in, especially if it's a one-time purchase. If it's a site where I will return after having a good buying experience with them, and buy things regularly, then I'll sign up.

Most sites simply state the price in the money conversion that the purchaser has selected, and then they get their subtotal and approximate cost of shipping - that's the point at which they scream EEEK! and cancel the order, OR they forge ahead and make their purchase. So I do not think there needs to be a complete bill beside the item.

Your English version is terrific, but I noticed on the stencils pages that there's a statement at the top saying that the items are protected...do you mean copyrighted? You might want to change it to the exact word "copyrighted."

Bon chance!

I hope that's right - I have not googled it ....

Comment

Cosmic Grammie, thank you to notice this mistake about the term "copyrighted". I will change it immediately then. And for fun, it is "bonne chance" Quite good !

Reading all your remarks from you all, I definitely have to propose the (approximate) price in pounds or even other currencies... It seems normal. Well, I'll think of how to implement it on the web site.

Thank you !
                    Route de l'Artisanat
                    Route de l'Artisanat

Comment

La site- web est super!
                      Ma fille a etudie a l'universite jean moulin III a Lyon il ya cinc annees. Elle aime la France!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                        Your English version is terrific
                        Hi !
                        Félicitations pour répondre ainsi en français ! Bravo !

I would like to know if I understand well your sentence here above.
                        Does it really mean that it is good English ? I wonder if it doesn't look like being too "frenchy", and hope there are not too many mistakes. "Copyrighted" is a good example of it.

Thanks for your remarks.
                        Nathalie
                        Route de l'Artisanat
                        Route de l'Artisanat

Comment

I quite like your site overall, and really love some of the items on it

However this is an essential feature - in my experience, if you do not permit a prospective customer to make a purchase without signing up (apart from in very specific niches), you will lose a large proportion of business!
                          --Matt

Web Development
                          Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Hi !
                            Félicitations pour répondre ainsi en français ! Bravo !

I would like to know if I understand well your sentence here above.
                            Does it really mean that it is good English ? I wonder if it doesn't look like being too "frenchy",
                            I have to admit...I cheated. I got my younger daughter to do the French for me...

In my opinion -- yes, your English version is "good English" and also charming - there is a difference in the English word usage of French speakers and Spain Spanish... it's pleasant... charming. Maybe it's just me - I love to listen to "foreigners" speak English! There are many "foreigners" in central Texas, mostly due to the Univ. of Texas...and I enjoy their wording - even if it is not what an American or perhaps even an Englishman would say - you still understand what they're trying to say, and it's somehow rather nice.

Here I am in central Texas, and my neighbors are Belgian, there are a number of Scottish and Spanish families nearby, and when I was little, my riding instructor was Hungarian!

Comment

I'm thinking the same as Cosmic Grammie.
                              Usually I find it very annoying when the English seems like a computer translation and feel like offering to put the wording into 'real' English just so I can calm down ............
                              but your translastion is charming, even poetic.............so I didn't say anything.

Except now I have and you'll be upset and won't know whether to change it or not. Oh Dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

I don't think you should because you are adding to the English language - like Shakespeare did.

AnnieAnna

Comment

Working...
                              X