Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerriWoah
    replied
    joined etsy yesterday, i'm not liking the site as much as ones like coriandr and misi but the sales and traffic on there is alot better :/
    http://bubblepopeclectic.etsy.com

Leave a comment:

• popeye
    replied
    Etsy

I discovered Etsy and Dawanda a couple of months ago - and whilst I have not listed any crafts, I think they are both very user friendly - crisp and professional which is exactly what is needed to encourage buyers. The photos are clear and detailed.

I do feel the UK sites Folksy and one other (can't remember the name) are a little cluttered and not as user friendly.

Just my opinion, Also it seems every craft blog has a link to Etsy - they have a great exposure on the web world.

Leave a comment:

• loukr
    replied
    for anyone using etsy, I'd recommend this site, I can't post links yet, but it's mega useful for working out how much money you'll get after etsy fees, paypal fees shipping etc just google 'etsy hacks'

I've got an etsy store, but I haven't listed anything yet as I'm waiting until I have enough stock to make it seem like a real shop, as oppose to just a couple of items. I want enough variety in there to attract different customers and so they want to return

Leave a comment:

• onlyme
    replied
    Just had a quick peek at Artfire and it seems you can list in uk £'s as well as dollars? But like all the rest....it's a slow process getting noticed! Oh....and it's $12 per month.
    Last edited by onlyme; 09-06-2009, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Valmade
    replied
    I used to etsy, but have given up over there. I now use Artfire, would recommend a look as a great alternative

Leave a comment:

• rainbowcentral
    replied
    Does anyone know of a desktop converter that's compatible with a mac? Also, when sending parcels abroad and selling abroad is there anything I need to do tax or otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• tipsylipsy
    replied
    I'd love an Etsy shop but there are so many people making childrens clothes I'm sure it would get lost. Obviously would love to try Folksy but few weeks ago I was lurking in the forum trying to decide what to do and get an idea of what the sellers were like and there were some catty comments about another seller which really put me off. Not really sure what to do next need to get my skates on though cos hubby is grumbling about how much fabric I've bought and how much I've spent with next to no income so far - ooops!

Karen x

Leave a comment:

• handcrafted
    replied
    Iv just reopened my etsy account. Thought id give it another go

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5989024

Leave a comment:

• KathySwartz
    replied
    I browse Etsy lots during my lunch break Bought quite a few items last year but tried to keep my spending down so far this year. Some great shops on there though.

Must track down folksy to see what the fuss is about.

Leave a comment:

• C Hupfield Ceramics
    replied
    I don't have a shop on Etsy as it told me i had to have a credit card to be able to sell stuff, for security purposes?

Leave a comment:

• wendy
    replied
    Oh, I understand being mathematically challenged alright.

I just downloaded this:
    http://www.mioplanet.com/products/cu...rter/index.htm
    on the recommendation of a previous poster (sorry, can't remember name, but I repped you! - thanks)

It is so easy, a fabulous little thing that works out the exchange rate almost before you've typed it in!!! It is brill! and may even convince me to have a go at etsy!

Leave a comment:

• onlyme
    replied
    Now I know how to locate more uk etsy shops, I may start using my shop, lol! I do love etsy, but I sooo wish you could use £££'s instead of $$$'s. Only because I'm mathematically challenged (read that as thick!)

Leave a comment:

• MuranoSilver
    replied
    Try putting UK in the general search box,
    I know a lot of Uk sellers put Uk as a searchable Tag
    (me included now)
    Nic xx

Leave a comment:

• onlyme
    replied
    Daft question coming up: When you 'shop local' on Etsy, only the most recent 100 shops come up. There just have to be more than 100 uk shops, but how do I get to view them all?

Leave a comment:

• cloudhopping
    replied
    Originally posted by C Hupfield Ceramics View Post
    I signed up to Folksy yesterday and created my shop but haven't listed any items for sale as yet. Is the only difference that Folksy is available within the UK only, and Etsy is available to buy from worldwide? How do you know how much to list the postage cost per item for other countries?
    Re postage overseas - royal mail have a handy chart here
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...2&catId=400036
    so if you have some kitchen scales handy you can work out postage costs per item.

The differences between Folksy and Etsy are that on Folksy you can list your items in the good old £, but on Etsy you list your pices in $.
    Folksy is planning on going international in the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X