Website hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website hosting

I've recently been asked to build and host a website for a business contact - my own web package is what's called Reseller package - so I can host unlimited sub domains and emails.

I'm thinking of advertising hosting and web building services - either custom built websites or via the templates offered free by my host.

I just wondered if I can be competitive as ahosting service...was thinking of £10 per month.

What do other people Pay for their webhosts and do they find it's worth the money?

I noticed a lot of the templates are very similar so you can almost tell which internet sites are with which hosts...

Any thoughts of any kind would be most welcome...

Thanks in advance

Judi
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Sorry can't help - I just use the webspace which comes with my ISP acount.

I agree with your point about recognising templates.
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

Comment

I pay £70 per year, which includes 10 hours support, by phone 24 hours per day. Only had to use 5 hours this year - so very happy.

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi
        I pay £40 a year and have 24/7 constant throughout the year. hth
        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by autumn rose View Post
          Hi
          I pay £40 a year and have 24/7 constant throughout the year. hth
          I note that you have your host's name on your site - is that part of the deal or your choice?

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
            I note that you have your host's name on your site - is that part of the deal or your choice?

Jane

My choice I couldnt see any harm with it, I am really pleased with everything so far.
            Sarah

Comment

Fifty five pounds a year and like the others; 24 hour assistance.

Caroline
              silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
              bespoke handmade jewellery
              Silver Jewellery blog
              Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

My website was created by a friend for free, and I agreed to have their link on the bottom.

I know that my works website is hosted by an IT guy who charges £50 per month which includes any updates/changes/help etc at any time... I personally wouldn't pay this much though.

I thought £10 a month sounded quite reasonable, until I read the posts above where people have mentioned they pay £30-£50 per year... thats GOOD!

Comment

Thanks so much for the info...really useful and gives me some idea of pricing and what support I might need to offer etc...can't see little ol' me offering 24 hour support though..lol!

Jude
                  for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                  plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                  Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

I use pixel internet, i paid 80 for the year with unlimited support, and lots of add ons available for free

the support is a little slow but gets there in the end
                    www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Website hosting

For a start, please dont say; "OMFG FREE Hosting is rubbish" or anything like that. I know its not great, but I want to hear your opinions.

What would you say is the best Free website hosting around? Would just like to know some good sites.

Cheers.
                      fake louis vuitton

Comment

I pay £20 per year for my webhosting, 24 hour support, no limits, a support forum, email address etc..

It is a basic 'cart' that I have and they do offer 'designer carts' for a higher fee

jan x
                        www.simplyisis.co.uk

www.purplesnailevents.co.uk

Comment

I personally think £10.00 is too much just for webhosting if you take in to consideration what the big boys such as 1&1 are charging...

I think if £10.00 is what you wanted to charge you would have to include something "extra" to what they do such as a custom made 1 page/business card website - then it would begin to become competitive!

Could you tier your pricing and try and sell your web design business at the same time such as:
                          6.00 per month - hosting only
                          10.00 per month - 1 page custom design and updated
                          20.00 per month - shopping cart
                          etc etc??

Jo
                          www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

Free Website and Hosting that works

Hi,
                            Free websites and hosting have unfortunately been abused by many marketers that will give you a free site then pump lots of ads into your site.
                            In my early days I tried many in trying to get an internet presence but oddly never came across any good ones until I really didn't need them.
                            There is an excellent one available Free Websites that allows you to build a free website that includes hosting of a good size and if you do not have a domain name can provide one as well.
                            There is a really easy to use web page editor to use and they have now introduced ecommerce into your free site so that you can show your goods and get payed by paypal. All without them taking a cut.
                            You can grow the site at a later date to a huge website by buying some really cheap extra space but I would imagine you would not need that for ages.
                            The only ad that they have is a simple one liner right at the bottom of your webpage that looks just like your own site signature anyway.
                            The choice is yours but I really think the site is worth checking out before you spend swags of money on paid hosting etc.
                            There are advantages in having your own top level domain with hosting but if you want to test the waters so to speak, you can start with a free website and upgrade at a later date.
                            Cheers
                            Marc

Comment

I have used Dream Host and Media Temple in the past.
                              Both have been reliable.

Comment

Working...
                              X