Facebook and privacy etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook and privacy etc..

Thought this might be interesting to folks since virtually everyone's on facebook...

http://mashable.com/2009/02/16/facebook-tos-privacy/

Also, Hmmm, I wonder if this means they own our craft work of we upload photos of it?

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

To quote the immortal Homer (Simpson - not the boring one)...............

'Yeah, but whaddya going to do about it?'

Comment

I think you will find that google own everything as well
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Well as my stuff is already on there, there aint a lot of much I can do about it now!

Having said that, let's be realistic, with all the millions of pictures put on facebook, are they really going to use any of them????

I have pictures on Flickr too and although Flickr state that I have copyright on every one of them, I know for a fact that people can go onto Flickr and download my pictures, copyright or not!!!

Don't think I shall lose any sleep over this, have far more important things to worry about!
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Just sounds like scaremongering to me, they may have the rights to do whatever they like with your holiday snaps, but in all reality are they really going to do something bizarre with them? This is more to protect themselves from potential lawsuits than to give them free reign to do what they like with millions of people's images.
          Elinor
          x

My Misi page
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
            Just sounds like scaremongering to me, they may have the rights to do whatever they like with your holiday snaps, but in all reality are they really going to do something bizarre with them? This is more to protect themselves from potential lawsuits than to give them free reign to do what they like with millions of people's images.

I was quite concerned when I first tread he orginal thread especially when you cancelled it.

But Ive had a think & tend to agree with the comments above. There are thousand of images even millions of images on there.

Sara
            www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

They've put a passage on the site now saying that they wouldn't be changing it due to 'customer concern'.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                They've put a passage on the site now saying that they wouldn't be changing it due to 'customer concern'.
                Sounds like a hint of a 'yet' in that statement from FB?

So many places keep our information in all sorts of forms/formats and while info may one day be used against you ie political or religious views there is no privacy anymore. The g***nment is doing it's level best to leak account details and the like - holiday snaps will have to get in line!

That doesn't make it ok and it is a concern but as mentioned there is precious little you can do about it other than abstain from online comms in the future - that's not going to happen so perhaps the deluge of info will make it like the proverbial needle in the FB haystack.
                Terry xxx
                You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

yes Ive just seen this when Ive logged on this morning. You beat me putting a post about it
                  www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

I am wondering what the problem is here; are you putting your photos on the internet then getting sensitive about what people do with them?

I don't understand the problem? The internet has always been like that!
                    www.beadlab.com

Comment

Hi,

I didn't expect this thread to get so controversial...

I never put anything on facebook that I wouldn't want broadcast across the web. I've had lots of websites for years and am fully aware that my pictures can be nicked and anything happen to them without my control. However I have always considered that I as the picture owner retain copyright of the images if they are my own (not that I imagine there is a lot I can do about it). If I was reading facebook correctly they are basically asserting rights to anything I post on there? hmmm...

I don't have any of my work on facebook. I only posted this as I know some of you do. Also since they are asserting rights over past postings then I agree there's not much to be done now so it's all a bit irrelevant.

My bloke has deleted his facebook profile today in protest but I think that's a little extreme!

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

I've moved into Facebook, and I'm thinking of redecorating and choosing some nice curtains.

Comment

Heh heh
                          MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

well, dont know if anyone has seen this but facebook have changed there terms back to the old ones...

"
                            Terms of Use Update

Close

Over the past few days, we have received a lot of feedback about the new terms we posted two weeks ago. Because of this response, we have decided to return to our previous Terms of Use while we resolve the issues that people have raised. For more information, visit the Facebook Blog.

If you want to share your thoughts on what should be in the new terms, check out our group Facebook Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
                            "
                            Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

I've moved into Facebook, and I'm thinking of redecorating and choosing some nice curtains.
                              Can I pick the carpets please??????
                              Diane
                              Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                              X