A good recycling site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good recycling site

I know this is in the USA but it is a good example of what can happen if you really want to lower what goes to the dump.
    http://www.scrapexchange.org
    I put my madness on display, and therin hide my insanity

Re: A good recycling site

Originally posted by recycling_artist
    http://www.scrapexchange.org

That so cool...

Originally posted by recycling_artist
    I know this is in the USA......
    This board/forums is for craft people full stop!!!!

All crafters are welcome with open hands... The directory part of this site is UK only...

One of the reasons for this forum was to get no uk crafters listing on the site but not on the directory!... Otherwise I'd have to change the URL and start the site again etc...

So Please join in UK and non crafters!!!! Thanks recycling_artist hope you stick around and hope to see some more cool scrap craft!!!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I wasent trying to advertise a site I was just using it as an example of what can be done by crafters who want to be enviomentally responsible, and encourage corporations to do the same. I am going to attempt to open something along this lines in the town in which I live. I believe that if people would just look at the industries in their area they would see the potential for a majority of the materials those companys see as waste, to be used in craft projects. I think this type of organization could work in communities world wide and while helping the enviroment, provide not only low cost materials for crafters, but also educate others in the potential of what is currently considered waste. I know in this country during the depression this was a way of life for many but as the economy improved we became more of a disposible society. A classic example of recycling for the sake of a craft is the shuttles in the first Star Treck movie, the runners on the side were made from the handles of disposible razors.

Comment

Advertise ?

I'm lost...

I love the site....

Please post away.....

I felt that you thought this forums was for the UK only and UK sites only... BUT NO.... that all....

Comment

OK I guess I was lost as well, but then I usually am my mind tends to wander and ideas kinda jump in in the middle of other thoughts.

Comment

Don't worry!....

Something I said i'm sure ops:

Anyway...

Good luck and I hope you do set up something like that... Could you get a grant for that in the Usa..

I know that in the UK you can get loads of grants for Crafts and for recycling.

Hope that help a little?

Comment

Thats a good question I will have to look into that. Of course our government trys to make it next to impossible to find out about the majority of the grants and other programs of that nature. And there is a ton of red tape to go through just to get certified as a non profit organization. But If I perservere I am sure I can get through it.

Comment

http://www.craftcouncil.org/ ?
                This is the US craft council...

The UK one provides grants etc.. so i guess the US will do the same?

Can't find any grants on the site as of yet... worth giving a call / email...
                Might point you in the right direction...

Keep me updated... I'll have a look around see what I can find... Hopefully some more US craft might join and give some good advice...

Please note that the forums has on been alive for just over 2.5 weeks...

Comment

Thanks I will check it out. Heres a site that has some listings on your side of the ocean. I could be interesting for some.
                  http://www.wastexchange.org/

Comment

Aluminum Can Craft

I have a website with two ebooks (no waste of paper) with aluminum can crafts. Can I type the url here? One craft form was talking about pull-tab purses and I posted my site because I have free instructions for a pull-tab purse and the site banned my Url. It made me feel weird because I was only trying to help. Another person posted later asking for my Url and the moderator said the computer can't tell if you are a cat. She must have thought the other post was me. That is why crafters sometimes get a little scared to put a link on a forum anymore. Anyway, can I post the Url?
                    My silver bell wreath was on the front cover of a waste watch magazine that distributes in the schools in the UK. It was very cool.
                    Recycling - The ability to see good in everything

Comment

Re: Aluminum Can Craft

Originally posted by Aluminiumlady
                      Anyway, can I post the Url?
                      Go for it...

Start a new thread....

:lol:

Comment

Aluminum can craft projects

If you are interested in recycling your aluminum can into wreath, Christmas ornaments, wall hangings and flower baskets, check out Aluminous Publishing at http://www.aluminouspublishing.com There are a few free projects and two ebooks for sale with over 100 aluminum can crafts. There's a purse made from aluminum pull-tabs with no glue or wire.

Comment

Did you make that ?
                          Or
                          Do you just have that on your site?

I think its pretty amazing!

Good luck

Comment

Aluminum can crafts

I design craft projects made from aluminum cans. After making the project, I take a picture, write the instructions and create any patterns. I put them in an ebook to sell on my website. When some one buys my ebook, it is delivered via their email. That wreath is in my new ebook "Foiling Around". The only thing you need besides a few dozen aluminum cans is 3 feet of bailing wire - no glue.

Comment

Re: Aluminum can crafts

Originally posted by Aluminiumlady
                              I design craft projects made from aluminum cans. After making the project, I take a picture, write the instructions and create any patterns. I put them in an ebook to sell on my website. When some one buys my ebook, it is delivered via their email. That wreath is in my new ebook "Foiling Around". The only thing you need besides a few dozen aluminum cans is 3 feet of bailing wire - no glue.
                              Wow that's amazing !
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rmumz/lori.gif

check out - Justformumz – online community for Mums

Comment

Working...
                              X