Crochet Hook Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crochet Hook Recommendation?

I am determined to learn to crochet so I need some crochet hooks.

Having looked on Amazon and eBay I'm left scratching my head. I don't want to waste money on cheap hooks that snag and won't help me learn, nor do I want to spend £££ on tools not suited to my needs.

So, can anyone recommend a set of crochet hooks that would be suitable for a beginner, but that will also be useful for when I am more accomplished in the art?

I wish to create embellishments for my handmade books (flowers, butterflies, etc) and I would also like to make small toy animals for the younger children in my family.

Many thanks,

Lenny
    ~~The old ways are the future~~

I would just pop into my nearest Dunhelm shop and buy a couple to start with. They are not expensive, under a couple of quid I would think. If you are using thick yarn get a 4.5 and a 3.5. Those two should see you through for a while.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Few years ago I bought a new set crochet hooks in metallic colours at Herrschners online and they are way better crochet hooks then the decades oldies I used before buying my new ones.

Comment

A 4 year old thread, so the original question has probably been resolved by now.

Comment

Working...
        X