Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I use sizzlits to cut funky foam

Hi

I have just bought a sizzix machine on Ebay and have got the convertor and the other little bit of plastic, but I seem to have problems using sizzlits to cut funky foam and even thick card. It cuts most of the die but seems to leave the middle out.
    Am I doing something wrong or have I got a dodgy machine. I have ordered a replacement cutting pad incase it is this but has anybody got any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Bev

Hi,

I had the same problem with sizlets, I wasn't pleased with the results from them, they do not cut through anything thicker than paper!!

Have you tried using your machine with the adapter and quickutz dies? They cut through funky foam really well, their range of dies is great but once I started buying them i got a little addicted!! I don't even have time for cardmaking anymore my life is just full of soap!!

Hope that helps

Leanna
    www.purethoughts.co.uk
    Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I have just had a look on Ebay and there are loads, I can see why you became addicted!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by c1ndere11a View Post
        Hi

I have just bought a sizzix machine on Ebay and have got the convertor and the other little bit of plastic, but I seem to have problems using sizzlits to cut funky foam and even thick card. It cuts most of the die but seems to leave the middle out.
        Am I doing something wrong or have I got a dodgy machine. I have ordered a replacement cutting pad incase it is this but has anybody got any suggestions.
        Thanks
        Bev
        Have you tried cutting through tin foil? It sharpens the blade a little each time so it might work better. Or try putting a peice of card between the adaptor and the silver weight on your machine.

I know what you mean though, I have a green Ellison die which just is pants to use and it never really cuts through the middle and I use vellum on it! All the other thin Sizzix and Ellison dies that I have (probably around 25) are all fine. I also use Quickutz as they really are good - don't look like much but the cuts are great each time.

Beware - its addictive!!!

Comment

I had loads of Sizzlits at one stage and I'd say only about 60% of them worked satisfactorily in my Sizzix, I emailed Sizzix and they "couldn't understand" what the problem was. As a result I sold the ones that didn't work and I didn't buy anymore.

When the BigShot came out I traded my Sizzix machine in for the BigShot and to my surprise the Sizzlits cut perfectly. A friend from another forum said that they spoke to a rep at the NEC who admitted that the rolling action of the Big Shot & Sidekick applies a more even pressure across the whole of the die which improves the cut, and then admitted there had always been problems cutting them in the Sizzix!!
          Last edited by mum-on-the-run; 12-06-2007, 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Sometimes you also need to add an extra piece of card shim to the back of the die or the cutting plate, it just gives it an extra bit of pressure.

Comment

I too have not had a very satisfactory result using Sizzlets in my Sizzex machine. I have not got a Side Kick/Tag a long and the dies work perfectly.

The problem is not the dies but that the big Sizzix machine is not really suitable for the job (in my opinion).
              Last edited by samsq; 02-09-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X