Dangerous tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous tools

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by Ruth Moulds; 01-11-2016, 10:14 PM.

Thank you for letting us know, I recently bought some saw blades off ebay for my dad. I think they are ok and I dont think they came from Manchester, but will check.

So glad you are ok, what a lucky escape!
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Oooh, that's not good! That can happen if they get overheated, or get heated and cooled quickly...
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Blooming heck!!!!! what a lucky escape you had!!!!

Pauline
        Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

I use grinding wheels a lot and always buy known brands for that very reason, its worth paying a bit more.
          Usually if the wheel has a fault it will run out of true, (wobble or the machine will vibrate more than usual) if thats happening then turn it off and stand well clear till it stops, a visual inspection under a good light will usually show up the fault, then before you throw it away smash it so you dont use it by mistake,

Comment

Wow. I'm just thankful I make jewellery, I have enough trouble with the Dremmel!

Caroline
            silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
            bespoke handmade jewellery
            Silver Jewellery blog
            Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

OMG - that was too close for comfort but glad you are ok (ish) !
              Mel

Comment

Originally posted by Ruth Moulds
                Aye they were Sealey brand so notcheapest (£28.00 each) last one's i used were Draper cost £11.00 each and had no problems
                I always check to see if they a running true etc and always careful handling them hence reason I was shocked when it went bang (I shouted swear words i didn't know i knew)LOL
                I had to have the remains dug out of my arm today (ouch) so stings a bit now.
                Last time i had anything go bang was 5 years ago when a brushcutter blade sheared off and stuck in a rose bush
                Cheerio
                Unlucky Alf
                Oooh, that is NOT GOOD at all! Happy you're OK...
                Cheers,
                Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Bought some Clark ones last month from machine mart, there good wheals but machine mart are known for rough handling so I always check them for chips ect. before buying

Comment

Working...
                  X