which machine is right for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which machine is right for me

Hi , I am new to this and I am looking to find a die cutting machine that will cut out lots of 1 inch circles on a piece of A4 , but not sure which machine will be right for me . can anyone help please

It depends on how much you want to spend and whether you want to do anything else with it!

A die-cutting machine such as a big shot, cuttlebug or sizzix will be able to do this if you buy a circle die to go with it. But you will have to manually feed it through for each circle (although it will cut through several layers at once) and A4 wont fit so you would have to cut it up. These cost about £60 I think.

There are also electronic cutters like the cricut and craft robo, which cut on an A4 sheet. The cricut needs cartridges depending on what shape you want toc ut, whereas the robo connects to the computer. But these are a lot more expensive!

Another option if you dont need that many is to use something like the fiskars shape-cutter.

Comment

which machine !

Thanks for that, but I would need to cut out about 60 circles per A4 sheet and i wanted to cut at least 5 to 10 sheets together at once if poss. Do not know if there is a machine do this in your home rather than getting a outside company with large industrial machine to cut them
      Last edited by moody cow; 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I've spent some more time over the last couple of days looking at the various machines, but I don't think Wizard/Cricut is suitable for me. I think I need something larger that can cut all my shapes in one go. Maybe some form of large desktop die press and die cut? Anyone know anything about these?

Comment

Working...
        X