Another Die cut question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Die cut question!

Forgetting about the actual machine you buy as reading up on all of them has left me feeling like I've lost the will to live

Which machine gives you the biggest choice in die cuts?

Does one stand out more than others for value for money in buying die cuts?

The Cricut cassettes although expensive "seem" to have more on them than others, is this correct?

Helen

As far as I'm aware you can use each of the die cuts in the other machines as well as their own so I don't think there's a lot of difference between them, maybe just personal preference.

The Cuttlebug has a much stricter Angel Policy than Sizzix so if your cards are for selling you may want to take that into consideration.

Comment

Thanks Krafty,

My partner last night told me he would buy me the Cricut Expression as an early birthday present if that is what I wanted so I am off to the local craft shop today to see a demo of it

Comment

From what I believe after having looked into the different die cutting machines, etc available, you can only use Cricut cartridges in the Cricut machines and these can be quiet expensive.

The Craft Robo is pretty much limitless with regards to what you can do as you link it up to your computer and can download hundreds of free templates, buy templates or design your own templates so there is no real outlay after you've bought the machine.

With regards to the likes of the Ellison, Sizzix and Cuttlebug machines I believe that the cutting dies from each manufaturer can be used with the different machines... for example, I have an Ellison Big Shot and use Ellison think cuts and thick cuts, various Sizzix dies and Cuttlebug embossing folders and dies so these seem to be (in my opinion) far more universal.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say if you go for an Ellison machine, they have a 90% off sale at the moment with a lot of their dies and embossing folders on the website:

http://www.ellisondesign.co.uk/

Comment

Oh now that's interesting - I bought some dies recently as sizzix had 75% sale but somewhere along the line it turned into ellison design - like the invoice etc although the dies were sizzix - are they different or the same???

yep it sure is confusing! I was debating bewteen the craft robo or the sizzix big shot - in the end I went for the sizzix for 2 reasons:
            1) I was getting it as a Christmas pressie from my OH so I wanted to go for the cheaper machine so it was only fair but really....

2) I went for the sizzix becuase it was pink with a diamante stone!!!!

Sad but true. I am a marketing person's dream....
            Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

Originally posted by craftsensations View Post
              Oh now that's interesting - I bought some dies recently as sizzix had 75% sale but somewhere along the line it turned into ellison design - like the invoice etc although the dies were sizzix - are they different or the same???
              From what I believe Sizzix and Ellison are now the same company, although I could be wrong, but I know the Ellison Design website stocks both makes of dies, etc.

I've got my Craft Robo (which I haven't used yet lol) and my Big Shot... I love my Big Shot for embossing... have you tried the Cuttlebug embossing folders in it?

Comment

Working...
              X