My new toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy...

Finally got one after seeing it had been further reduced at a certain high street store with the well-known catalogue...

Can't wait to get playing now, taking more photos for my book! (and photos of a higher quality than my automatic camera too, I hope!)

I feel just like I did when I got my first 35mm SLR camera from my grandfather. He was really into photography and my love of cameras stems from him. He taught me to develop and print my own photos in his dark room. He sadly passed away in the last year and this is my tribute to him.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Oh wow thats great, I am so envious. I have a Zenith 35mm camera that was my Dads. Have to admit I use my phone though. naughty naughty. Just cant wait for them to get developed. You just cant beat 35mm though. We have photos Dad took in full colour that look like they were taken yesterday and not in the early 60s. Lots and lots of transparencies too. Enjoy your new toy. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

yay excellent! very good model.
      i use an olympus e-500 but was very close to getting the nikon d-40

Comment

A lovely tribute to your grandfather - try not to throw this one in the sea!! Now do we get a picture of the banner? Have fun with it.
        Cynthia
        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ifor-Jones View Post
          A lovely tribute to your grandfather - try not to throw this one in the sea!! Now do we get a picture of the banner? Have fun with it.
          I promise that will be one of the first things I get round to! Sorry, Miss!
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

lovely choice on camera there. Im currently looking for a new one myself but the prices always put me off. Maybe in the new year when i start selling, i shall invest in one.

Comment

Lovely camera - I can't wait to see some of the pictures you take
              My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
              http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

What a lovely tribute!

Now go play!
                MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Yikes ...I am on the verge of buying the very same camera!!! I'm so glad you mentioned this as I now see that it's the same price on the high st as it is on the web!!! How brilliant is that!

I would be really interested to hear how you get on with it ...and more to the point, how it is better than a compact!

Nice one Si ...ENJOY!!!

Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

I have the D60 and love, love, love it, takes amazing pics and is easy to use. You wont be dissapointed.
                    Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                    I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

What's the difference between the D40 and the D60???

FD

Fair Do's!

Comment

D60 is the newer model, has better internal cleaning sensors, refined menu system and moved a few of the buttons to make it more easy to reach without taking the camera away from your face. There are a few other differences but cant think what.
                        Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                        I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

I would love to spend more time on photography. I've often thought about going to night classes to learn more about all the techniques etc....maybe one day

Enjoy your new toy.

Comment

Been saying the same thing myself only this afternoon. Went to see Kiamyka and we both said we're gonna look into going on a course after xmas. Then I might just invest in a decent camera.
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

looks very nice xx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Working...
                              X