Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuttlebug? Big shot? Sizzix?

Hi
    I have just been reading previous threads hoping to see which is the best die cutting machine to buy - but think I have confused myself even more! I don't really understand what the differences are and don't want to end up spending lots of cash for something I can have done cheaper!!

Any advice for me? I don't want anything fancy, and want something that I can use other brand dies with - ideally!

Not sure where you are based but if you are near a Craft Central go along and ask them to show you all the die cut machines, this way you can find what best suits you. I use a sizzix because it was the only one available when I bought it years ago, now there is much more choice, I am still happy with it and can use a lot of other dies and embossing plates on it. If I wanted a computer one would probably go for the Craft Robo as I think you can do more than the Cricut, also for me it is MAC compatable.

Good Luck

Comment

Oh my fave subject I used to sell a lot of sizzix before the big re vamp I would have my shop full of the stuff but hubs won't give me the pennies LOL I replaced my original red sizzix machine 2 yr ago with the bigkick and I as well as never letting me down I have never regretted spending the money on it. It somes with plates hinged together for you to be able to use other dies, i've used acucut, quickuts & spell binder in mine with out any probs. Building up the die collection is the next problem sooooo many to choose from LOL
      Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

is that the one that does those fabulous dies where you can do your own aperture cards from anywhere on a sheet of card? I saw it on qvc it looked fab - was sooo gutted that I'd only bought my cuttlebug earlier this year lol
        I craft, therefore I am!
        for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
        www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
        now Live get your supplies here

Comment

You thats the one hun, I haven't bought them yet but I think it will be on my christmas list as they look great & are bringing out more in that range which will be fab, although I should use my Robo for that kind of thing!!
          If you are anywhere near Cullen we are taking pre orders with a 20% discount
          Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

I'm looking to buy my stepdaughter a die-cutting machine for Christmas and I had started of with going for the Xcut Impress but then someone at a local craft shop told me that the Cuttlebug was much better. Now, I'm reading that the Bigkick is really good and so I'm very confused
            She's 12, so if anyone could tell me what would be best for her, I'd be very grateful.

Sorry to hijack the thread
            www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

Comment

i read a review of all diecutting machines in my cardmaking and papercraft mag a few months ago. the xcut impress came out ok for the cost, but from memory value for money was the cuttlebug, having said that I heard hobbycraft are doing the bigkick for similar price whether that is still running or not I dont know but would be worth checking out I'd say..
              Hope that hasnt confused you any more!
              I craft, therefore I am!
              for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
              www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
              now Live get your supplies here

Comment

I found a website that was doing the Bigkick for only £8 more than the Cuttlebug...so not enough of a difference to swing it either way
                www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

Comment

help

hi all

been looking at these myself today but what i need it to do would be embossing and cutting paper and card but to also emboss leather yep i know it sounds strange but my husband makes and sells leather goods

hope you can help

Comment

hi I thought I'd add some more info onto the thread in the hope that it helps

I got a Cuttlebug in for a customer at the beginning of the weekand it would be rude not to get one for the shop!! After a play making some wedding invites I came to the conclustion that I'd but the BigKick/Shot before it any day, it does all the same things as the sizzix but the suction plate that holds it to surfaces doesn't hold lone enough so they wieght of the Sizzix is an advantage and all the platforms for the cuttlebug are seperate which means I will lose them at some point but the Sizzix the platforms are hinged together

Bracken Cuttlebug do beautiful folders for embossing, I have put card as thick as 300g through with no probs but not sure about the leather, the dies will cut it though.
                    Hope this helps!
                    Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

big shot

big shot big shot BIG SHOT !!!!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x

maximumrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Comment

I prefer my wizard to any of the others (and I've got or had most of them!) It's works brilliantly with fabric and leather, as well as being able to make charms from metal. It's made of aircraft grade aluminium rather than plastic, so it's very light and incredibly strong. It can use any die, as well as spellbinders own range (including the nestabilities). Cuts great apertures as well.

I've held off getting an electronic one, but I suspect I'm going to cave in and get a slice before long - I love the idea of being able to cut anywhere with it.
                        george
                        www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                        www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                        www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

oooohh i've never seen a wizard cutter - sounds interesting, will have to go investigate!

i just bought a new sizzix die today - just circles but the possibilities are endless - LOL !

x vInTaGe VioLeT x

maximumrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to gatecrash the conversation but i have the bigshot which i know cuts leather = i embelshed a bag for my mum and cut some flower designs from leather to stitch on... looks far more classy than just felt ones.
                            I will put up a picture when i have a moment spare
                            And the dies that cut apertures are fantastic. Perfect for Xmas cards!

Comment

the big shot, I have one and love it

Comment

Working...
                              X