Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricut recommendations

Hi all,

I’ve recently got back into crafting after I began making cards when I was working part time. However since I started working full time I didn’t seem to have the spare time to continue. With currently being in furlough I’ve picked it back up and I’ve been seeing these Cricut machines everywhere and think it’s something I’d definitely use a lot. I’ve also got my wedding next year and would love to do a lot of the decor myself such.

I’m at a loss though as to which machine to get. I always toyed with a die cut machine when I was card making in the past but never purchased one. But I feel like the cricut would covet a lot more basis than a die cut.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. It’s a bit of a mine field.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Hannah, I have a Big Shot die cutting/embossing machine, i've had it for years and love it! Though when i bought mine they only had the one size, if i had to buy one now i would definitely go for the bigger one which you can fit an A4 sheet of card through.

Mandy x
    Mandy x

Comment

Greetings Hannah!
      My daughter have Sizzix Big Shot embossing and cutting machine. It works fine after 2 years of active use. I think this machine can handle almost everything, but i agree with Mandy, you probably wanna take a bigger machine if you gonna work with larger objects.
      Last edited by MsaraAnG; 17-08-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MsaraAnG View Post
        Greetings Hannah!
        My daughter have Sizzix big shot embossing and cutting machine. It works fine after 2 years of active use. I think this machine can handle almost everything, but i agree with Mandy, you probably wanna take a bigger machine if you gonna work with larger objects.
        Hi, it’s fine to mention the machine, the poster can research themselves from that but no links posted please as they can be viewed as sales links which we don’t allow.

Dave, forum moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
          Hi, it’s fine to mention the machine, the poster can research themselves from that but no links posted please as they can be viewed as sales links which we don’t allow.

Dave, forum moderator.
          Ok, thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about die-cut and Cricut machines!

I know they are totally different in how they operate but I thought I would put this out there to get some of your feedback.

I know I will ultimately end up with a cutting machine of some sort. Be it a manual die cutter like a Sizzix/Big shot/Wizard or an electronic cutter like a Cricut. I was just wondering what are the advantages or disadvantages of having one over the other. I know some of you have both kinds but I really don't want to do that.

One minute I want a Cricut because it requires less space with regards to storing dies. I guess all you need are cartridges. And it seems the possibilities are endless as long as you want to buy a lot of cartridges. On the downside it is expensive jinitially and if you keep buying the cartridges. I think once the novelty wears off maybe those will become cheaper. But what are the Cricut's week points? I assume it can only cut cardstock and other thinner papers.
            [MOD EDIT]

thanks for your help!
            Last edited by 3dDave; 25-12-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Hi, unfortunately we don’t allow comparison review sites and links because they generally have a price at the end which makes it look like a sales ad, which we don’t allow on the forum. Members can however give you an unbiased opinion on what they use themselves.
              I had a look, each machine has a review which outlines what materials each will cut, from fibre board, faux leather, to tin foil or paper. I guess the one with the highest rating dictates the best machine by the amount of good reviews compared to the rest. Most electronic cutting machines cope very well but tend to “ round off” intricate detail whereas cutting dies may not however, cutting dies are probably a sky high price to purchase compared to an electronic cutting file.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
              X