Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you recommend?

Hello
    I'm quite new to card making and wondered if any of you could recommend a craft magazine for me to buy?
    If it helps I've just got into rubber stamping and also creating 3D images by laying shapes (not sure it's got a special name).

Thanks
    Jo

re

There's quite a lot about it depends what sort of thing you are after? I like to buy magazines that have lots of different projects inside because it gives you lots of inspirarions to try out new techniques and what not.

If you're just looking for cards there's a new one out Lets Make Cards.

But mags like Crafts Beautiful normally have some sort of freebie book or cd with card designs you can copy, and lots of projects inside but they're not just cardmaking, they have all different kinds of projects. They're the main ones I read so I can't really comment on others but I would recommend them; just head to Smiths and see what takes your fancy!!! You can always buy a couple the first time around and then just stick with the ones you like best- that's what I did!

Comment

I agree with Craft chick, go down to the news agents and have a good look at the available mags. I have Card Making and papercraft just because I like some of the designers that create their cards and they use nice papers etc and I also subscribe to Making Cards that you can only buy in craft shops or craft websites it's not available in WH Smiths. That one tends to have different card making techniques, it's where I first saw friendly plastic and I hadn't heard of it before.
      Hope that helps a bit.
      Anice x
      Funkyhand x
      my website
      http://www.funkyhand.com
      my blog (updated 09/06/10)
      http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
      Follow me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

I like Quick & Crafty too. It has a really nice mix of crafts each month, plus its usually easy to get hold of in the supermarket or smiths.
        Emma
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
        www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Must agree,

WHSmith would have the best selection for you to nose through and when you find the one you like subscribe to you local newsagent. Unless you near a WHSmiths that is.

Sam
          jasmines-cards.co.uk
          Crafts ~ Scrapbooking ~ Weddings

Comment

Craft Magazines

Hi!

I am new on here. i am so glad to be on a site filled with relevant questions & answers.

I am an avid crafter by heart & subscribe to most magazines as i just love the free goodies that come with them. i often dont know what to buy to start off my crafts and the free gifts have really helped getting started..

I love Crafts Beautiful, Papercraft Inspirations, Scrapbook Inspirations & Card Making & Papercraft. they are filled with great tips & ideas! I normally google it as this brings up all the dealers who give out subscriptions & also gives the prices & discounts.

hope this helps.

Artyz

Comment

If you like stamping try Craft Stamper. Otherwise I'd recommend Making Cards which is only available in independant craft shops and carries free papers and vellums to complement the projects inside. Both are monthly although Making Cards does a quarterly special.

Comment

I love Craft Stamper as well. I think it is the best magazine around. Every month there is a free stamp with the mag and they are very versatile! Sue xx
                http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

hmmm I went a bit mad today cos it's payday - I got three.

Papercraft essentials - came with free backing papers all fairies and a book of templates which complement the projects inside.

Crafts Beautiful - came with foam stamps (happy birthday), birthday backing papers and various templates to copy and keep

You can Craft - came with embellishments, backing papers and bits and bobs (all in all 205 crafty bits)

I dunno where to start
                  www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                    hmmm I went a bit mad today cos it's payday - I got three.

Papercraft essentials - came with free backing papers all fairies and a book of templates which complement the projects inside.

Crafts Beautiful - came with foam stamps (happy birthday), birthday backing papers and various templates to copy and keep

You can Craft - came with embellishments, backing papers and bits and bobs (all in all 205 crafty bits)

I dunno where to start
                    I would sit down and have a glass of wine whilst I made that decision, and then aother one to clear my brain before I started. Good advice????
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                      I would sit down and have a glass of wine whilst I made that decision, and then aother one to clear my brain before I started. Good advice????

I'll pass on the wine (don't drink), but apart from that - good advice lol
                      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Working...
                      X