Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Crochet magazines out there?

Hi
    I was wondering if some of you could recommend a crochet magazine?
    I subscribed to Simply Knitting some time ago. It is a really mag but I'm not a very good knitter and they usually only have one or two crochet patterns.
    I hunt down old crochet magazines at my local charity shops, and check Annie's attic website every day for the free pattern but would love the idea of a new magazine

Any ideas? Thank you all
    In need of some crochet therapy | Visit http://lafeecrochette.blogspot.com/

Crochet Magazines

Hi,

I am not too sure if there are crochet magazines available. maybe google it. I know for certain that there are cross stitching mags , oh & a magazine called New Stitches which has all stitching craft news....

Hope this helps.

Comment

You've hit on my pet subject at the moment!!

In the Uk the only crochet only mag is Crochet Monthly which is all thread crochet, making doilies, bedspreads etc. Personally that's not my thing.

Which means US mags. I currently subscribe to Crochet Today through Banyan Tree Yarns. I also get Interweave Crochet, which has recently stepped up from an occasional title to a quarterly, various online yarn shops stock both of them including GetKnitted.com and Angelyarns.com.

The problem seem to be that an individual cannot subscribe to these mags direct so...

The other alternative is the web.

Lionbrand.com(US); Elann.com(Canada); Garnstudio.com (Scandanavia somewhere) all have a huge library of online patterns and the yarns are well explained to help with substitutions.

Then there's all the blogs about crochet....that's a Googleing!

And CrochetMe.com which is an online magazine started by Kim Werker, who is now the Editor of Interweave Crochet and a bit of a Crochet Goddess!

Failing all that, it's Amazon or Ebay to buy books and patterns!!

Hope this helps.

Emma

Comment

You can get Crochet Today. it come from the U.S.
        I have to order it from my newsgents. it comes out very two months.
        I also get a news letter from Crochet Today
        I will get July/august a month later. price is 3.25

if newsgent have problems let me know

xenia

Comment

uk crochet mag

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new uk crochet magazine called Inside Crochet. It can only be found at WHSmiths, and you might have to do some digging to actually find it, but it is a really nice one IMO, by the same people that do Yarn Forward.

Comment

I found this little gem in Tesco!!

I have not opened it up as yet, but it looks like it has some great projects!!

I was really pleased to get this!!
            Rach

Facebook
            Website
            Blog
            Folksy

Comment

Inside crochet is really good. My Crochet UK group raves about it.

If you want a cheap US mag, you can subscribe to "Crochet!" as a digital version. You will also get access to all of the back issues so it is quite a bargain.

The "Art of Crochet" is a part works and going to work out really expensive.
              Helen
              Rainbow Valley - Learn the Art of Crochet in UK terms for Free
              Colours of Enfys - Blog
              Rainbow Valley Crochet on Facebook

Comment

Subscribed to The Art of Crochet at the moment. I get four issues every four weeks so waiting for my next batch but there does seem to be some good projects in it as well as tutorials in different stitches.

Comment

Ive signed up to Art of Crochet, I got issue two, but have subscribe it aswell but keep getting letters of them saying issue one they have no stock, but trying their best to get it into stock, how ever they will send issue 2 to 4 or 5 to me and this was about 2 weeks ago and still no news on them.
                  Facebook page - Handmade crafts by Punkafoo

Comment

Originally posted by punkafoo View Post
                    Ive signed up to Art of Crochet, I got issue two, but have subscribe it aswell but keep getting letters of them saying issue one they have no stock, but trying their best to get it into stock, how ever they will send issue 2 to 4 or 5 to me and this was about 2 weeks ago and still no news on them.
                    The publishers for this are having loads of problems. Everybody on my Crochet UK group has been complaining. Some have received the first issue and nothing since.
                    Helen
                    Rainbow Valley - Learn the Art of Crochet in UK terms for Free
                    Colours of Enfys - Blog
                    Rainbow Valley Crochet on Facebook

Comment

I really would like to say that best here is Inside Crochet magazine, then you actually have to turn yourself to US I get Interweave Crochet and occasionally Crochet Today but then some of the projects are not really what I want...

if you know diagrams you could get yourself some Japanese crochet books but they quite expensive but then amazing projects and perfect photos...

if you are looking for cheap sources of patterns raverly is best as it has links to many many great free patterns and tutorials online and some great patterns to buy as well...
                      blog
                      website
                      etsy shop
                      folksy shop
                      twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Enfys View Post
                        The publishers for this are having loads of problems. Everybody on my Crochet UK group has been complaining. Some have received the first issue and nothing since.
                        I guess they didnt realise it was going to be very popular. I only have issue 2 has I brought it from WHSmith, and then subcribe on the issue 1 has I missed that! Just had three letters from the company saying about how they are out of stock on issue one, I don't mind waiting though, it just that I was looking forward to learning something new, as I only make cards.

Talking about this Today issue 2 and issue 3 came, They did say aswell though that some of the gifts that would have came with it are out of stock but will recieve when in stock, I just wish I had the first issue now as I want start.
                        Last edited by punkafoo; 11-03-2010, 12:20 PM.
                        Facebook page - Handmade crafts by Punkafoo

Comment

Another Stockist for Inside Crochet

Originally posted by leebeloola View Post
                          Just wanted to let you know that there is a new uk crochet magazine called Inside Crochet. It can only be found at WHSmiths, and you might have to do some digging to actually find it, but it is a really nice one IMO, by the same people that do Yarn Forward.
                          This is also available at Moonstone Yarns.

Comment

Just do some research and you will find what you wanted.By the way,magic crochet magazine that I like the most.

And most of my friends recommend this magazine.There are so many magazines to choose from but pick that suites your taste,good luck!
                            Tons of free baby sweater knitting patterns in a large variety of styles and skill levels.

Comment

There is a new crochet magazine called 'Love Crochet' by Origin publications, I'm not sure if it's a one off but there is no sign of any doilies so I'm thinking if lot of people get it from Smiths then I am sure they will do a bi-monthy, at least it would be slightly better than having to get Today Crochet which to be quite honest I wasn't that keen on and That Art Of Crochet was a rip-off, by the time you get all the material for the blanket it was 5% more than if you bought one in the shop. I hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                              X