3-Page Spread in BEAD Magazine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Page Spread in BEAD Magazine!

I just finished adding the news to our website and thought to put it here, as well

We are very pleased to have been recognized by one of the hot, new magazines coming out of the UK: Bead Magazine. Much of the article and the majority of the photographs focus on our store/studio located here in Florence, despite the articles title: When in Rome...

Those are glass rods pictured shooting out of old olive oil jars on the first page of the article, and all of the beads pictured are made by us here at BeadedLily Glass Works.

We spent a wonderful afternoon with the articles author and her husband, helping them try their hand at bead making and jewelry design. Thanks, Karen, for including us!

Thanks for looking! Tim
    BeadedLily UK Edition! (UK-Only Discount Coupons) www.BeadedLily.co.uk

Beads & Beading Supplies www.BeadedLily.com

Bead Making Courses in Florence, Italy www.BeadedLilyGlassWorks.com

Italian Tubular Wire Mesh Ribbon www.TubularWireMeshRibbon.com

Wearable Creations www.BeadedLilyDesigns.com

Wow and congratulations!
    beautiful work! I am determined that lampwork is one thing i will learn b4 i'm 30!
    Carly
    Morgan-Jones Tiaras and Designs

http://morgan-jonestiaras.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...2472346?ref=ts

www.morgan-jonestiaras.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by morgan-jonesdesigns View Post
      Wow and congratulations!
      beautiful work! I am determined that lampwork is one thing i will learn b4 i'm 30!
      Don't put too much pressure on yourself - I learned it by 40 and am still doing OK...

Comment

Congratulations
        Something Shiny Something Sparkly
        Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
        My blog
        Facebook

Comment

well done how exciting !!
          www.sunrisecards.co.uk
          http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

OH WOW! Congratulations. So well deserved. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Cool! Nice to be recognised, eh?
              Cheers,
              Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
              Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch View Post
                Cool! Nice to be recognised, eh?
                It is nice! We've been in numerous magazines over the years but to be the focus over 3 full pages was a wonderful surprise

Comment

Brilliant - congratulations!
                  --Matt

Web Development
                  Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Originally posted by meltdown View Post
                    We are very pleased to have been recognized by one of the hot, new magazines coming out of the UK: Bead Magazine. Much of the article and the majority of the photographs focus on our store/studio located here in Florence, despite the articles title: When in Rome...
                    Just popped in here, as the edior of Bead magazine (3 years old- not as new as we were!) to defend myself, lol
                    No discussion about the title was required - it's a 3-page article and half of the text is actually about the author's trip to Rome and her search for bead shops there- and those she visited. Her trip was only ever meant to be to Rome but she added in a side-excusion to Tuscany to visit the shop mentioned here.
                    There are more photos of the shop in Florence- simply because that's what we were sent.

It would be weird having a title that wasn't appropriate but got to say- not guilty as charged!
                    Jean Power

Comment

Originally posted by meltdown View Post
                      It is nice! We've been in numerous magazines over the years but to be the focus over 3 full pages was a wonderful surprise
                      That is fantastic, well done! Just a question, did you approach the magazine or did they come to you? Looking for PR advice

Emma.
                      Photo Lamps - Light up your photos!
                      My website: www.PhotoLampsByEmma.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by JeanPower View Post
                        Just popped in here, as the edior of Bead magazine (3 years old- not as new as we were!) to defend myself, lol
                        No discussion about the title was required - it's a 3-page article and half of the text is actually about the author's trip to Rome and her search for bead shops there- and those she visited. Her trip was only ever meant to be to Rome but she added in a side-excusion to Tuscany to visit the shop mentioned here.
                        There are more photos of the shop in Florence- simply because that's what we were sent.

It would be weird having a title that wasn't appropriate but got to say- not guilty as charged!
                        Jean Power
                        Hello Jean! I certainly didn't mean to sound as if I was complaining - In fact that line was more tongue-in-cheek that anything. We always appreciate when folks go out of their way to mention us!!

All the best - Tim

Comment

Originally posted by emmat123 View Post
                          That is fantastic, well done! Just a question, did you approach the magazine or did they come to you? Looking for PR advice

Emma.
                          Hi Emma - I believe that we were found online by the articles author while she was searching for bead stores in Italy. It must have been a good 2 years ago now. Her and her husband spent a few hours with us trying their hand at bead making and hanging out - A good time was certainly had by all! I believe that she then shopped the article around before finding a home at Bead Magazine.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                          X