Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whatever happened to Popular Crafts magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whatever happened to Popular Crafts magazine?

The last issue I remember buying was about October 2004. They have done some Christmas Specials but I just haven't seen the monthly mag anywhere. Have they gone out of business?

It's a shame because I used to like their style of project which was not too simplistic and sometimes had some really spe******t stuff in there - like glass fusing. A lot of (well most of them actually) craft magazines are predominently card and papercraft which is OK but I really like to try new things.

The best mag at the moment is Practical Crafts and Cardmaking which always has some cool projects in and loads of them. I also like Crafts Beautiful and Quick and Crafty but a lot of the projects are painting ready made things and just toooooo many adverts!

Closed...but there is a new alternative!

Pop Crafts was closed by Highbury House at the end of 2005, just before Highbury went into administration.

You may be interested in a new magazine providing craft projects for children - Creative Steps magazine (creativesteps.co.uk). The magazine is excellent quality, with clear step-by step instructions and helps support the early learning goals. I would recommend it to anyone with, or caring for, kids under 12.

It is only available on subscription - which can be done online at the above website.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the info. I'm a teacher and run a craft club at school so I'm always on the look out for suitable projects. I'll give creative steps a try

Comment

Popular Crafts Is Coming Back!

Hello,

I just noticed this post about Popular crafts magazine. Well I have some good news! I have been working on the re-launch of the magazine, along with content for the website.

For more information visit 'My Hobby Store' online to get the latest news, (I can not post links - you can find the website with a simple google search)

Comment

making gifts magazine

hi all

was in hobbycraft ysterday and bought this mag, £3.95 so not too bad.

Haven;t had a chance to have a proper read but seems quite good.

anyone else bought this??
          Eternal Flame Candles
          www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland

Comment

Popular Crafts is back on 3rd March with a cardmaking special- and I am the new editor!
            Help me out by entering my raffle for a custom art quilt:http://pennydog.wordpress.com/help-me

Patchwork patterns shop on Etsy: http://pennydogpatterns.etsy.com
            Illustrations and fabricy gifts on Etsy: http://pennydogillustration.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by kerryw View Post
              Popular Crafts is back on 3rd March with a cardmaking special- and I am the new editor!
              Great news! And congratulations. Have they got a website up or someone I can contact for a media pack? Would be interested in checking out rates etc.
              Emma
              www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
              www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
              www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

This what you are looking for?

http://www.popularcrafts.com/

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Working...
                X