X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book Depository

I've just been browsing here;

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I went into Home & Garden, then Crafts. I idly searched through 30 pages out of 100's and I have a £78 wish list of books that I'm convinced I can't live without......the selection is huge. Found some really fun books like 'At Knit's End'... what a fab fab title!

And, most excellent - Free postage! Now....I can afford the postage, just need to find £78 desperately.....

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

ooh I wish you hadn't mentioned that site

there's LOADS I could buy..... If only
    maybe I should check those lottery numbers
    Last edited by ilovecrafts; 29-01-2008, 08:11 PM. Reason: i wish my pcknew what my fingers were trying to type

Comment

Book Shortage?

Originally posted by ilovecrafts View Post
      ooh I wish you hadn't mentioned that site

there's LOADS I could buy..... If only
      maybe I should check those lottery numbers
      Do you have a shortage of books printed in english available to buy in Spain? My parents had a horrendous time finding books when they lived in Cyprus, and used to take cases full back with them everytime they were home. They've been home almost a year now, and will be going back for a holiday in May, with a huge list of books and things requested by friends.

I'm trying to wangle my book depository wishlist for Valentine's Day, Wedding Anniversary and Mother's day combined.....

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

books are generally expensive in Spain, as they arent 0 rated for vat here. Only 3 or 4 % but that already puts the price up. Local book shops do carry various titles in English, but mainly those that are set texts at the schools, so a limiited range. Lots of english books available translated to Spanish. Some of the bigger supermarket chains apparently do have some books in English, and there are several Brit shops around that carry a range of all the latest titles, but mainly at a heavy premium., as with all their goods. in fact some of their supplies can be found cheaper at Spanish supermarkets!

I've been borrowing what i can from friends and re-reading loads of stuff ( just been reminded by wirly's post in the thread on books that somewhere I have a load of john Wydhams, amongst other titles..) have to get hubby to build those bookshelves he keeps promising,but I have LOADS of books, just can't part with books

Comment

Never.....

....never ever part with books. We have thousands. Every spare wall has a bookshelf on it, mostly with double rows of books on each shelf. If we go to Ikea the only thing that interests Himself are the beds and bookshelves.....

I did sell quite a lot of mine onthe Ebay a few years back. I had a set of Miss Read books which went for £200+ to my absolute shock...I really thought someone was going to cancel the bids because it just sky-rocketed. Great to have all that dosh to spend on fabrics though!

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Got thousands too,
            When we sold up in the UK even found an old suitcase in the loft left by a previous owner fullof books, some VERY old as well. One has some beautiful ilustrations, the sort that would be lovely just taken out and framed, but that would ruin a beautiful book!
            When i was a student I used o buy loads second hand paper backs, he stall owner said he'd buy them back, but by the end of my couse, I think I already had more than him!!

Comment

Thanks for link Jules, with us moving to the Netherlands in the very near future the free postage is an added bonus .... great range of titles too.
              www.redshandcraftshobby.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X