Boot sale book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot sale book!

I love books. Last weekend we were at a boot sale and I had to have a wander, (as you do) didn't intend to buy anything because we were there to SELL.

However, best laid plans and all that..... I came across this Dryad Press book.

Crampton book.JPG

It's brill! I like this man, he's making basketry with rattan reed right through the book and he wrote in the preface:

"The beginner finds enough difficulties in his way and should be warned against low-priced and poor quality material. The real craftsman prefers to select his cane, irrespective of price, because it not only saves time but produces a superior article. You cannot do good work with poor materials"

Some things don't change! Now I've just got to make the time to read it all.
    www.formerglory.co.uk- www.seatweaving.blogspot.com - Facebook page - Twitter

Lucky you. It's so nice to find a gem now and again.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

This book is a fantastic read, gr8 illustrations.

Comment

Ooooh Kim love a good rummage at a car boot sale. Looks like you got a real find. We went looking for pewter tankards to melt down a few weeks ago and after seeing ones going for silly prices found a couple at the end of the morning for a bargain price. Still not done anything with them yet, still on someoned 'to do' list LOL nice to have them there for when its needed.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I love looking around boot sales, looks like you had a great find there

Lucy xx
          Love Wood Designs - Wooden craft shapes
          http://www.facebook.com/LoveWoodDesigns

Comment

Working...
          X