"Woodburning with Style" book reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Woodburning with Style" book reviews

The first batch of books have been sent out to Forum customers today so I thought I'd start a thread for you to leave me some feedback. Please add your comments here, as well as posting links to any blog mentions or reviews that you might give it elsewhere.

And remember to play the Forum member game whilst reading the book... see how many names of members you can spot, or any photographs of items that you may have commissioned me to make for you! There are loads in there...

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Got my book today, thanks for posting it out so quickly Si

Did a quick flick through to spot craft forum members and so far have seen work by Ruth (TipTop), Jess (Raffles Bazarre) and Clare (Seahorse) in there...looking good girls! I noticed in the back other members mentioned so will need to look through in more detail tonight to see what other crafters I can spot.

I actually stopped to read the section about Peter's chessboard as I'd forgotten how amazing it was...and I hadn't appreciated exactly how much work went into it.

Seahorse, you'll have to ask your folks to buy you it for your birthday, your necklace is in there and you're name checked in there along with your website

Nice one Si
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

No problem, NN, glad you like what you've seen so far! I think that the chessboard section was particularly well done actually as it is still my biggest single project to this day.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Wow !

Hi Si - thanks for posting out so quick - I just got my copy today and its fantastic! Such a lot of work & effort has gone into it . I'm really have to stop myself browsing through and get on with work for a bit but I have already spotted E's box (she will be chuffed!). Very well done Sir !
        Mel

Comment

Mel, I was trying to remember how many images there are which show different views of Ellie's box... you'll have to check for me! I seem to think there may be at least 2, am I right? Might need to go and count myself now! Anyway, I'm so pleased that you like it. Thanks for the comments!

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

OOhhhh! I'm in there?! Can't wait to see!!

Comment

It was well worth the wait. Its a beautiful book. Far beyond my expectations. I feel really privilaged to own one. I did get for my oldest Son for a birthday prezzie but I am keeping it. He can settle for something else.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Very excited... my book is now available on the US and UK Amazon websites... and I've reached #7 in the Top 100 woodburning project books list on the American site! I'm also currently #15,470 in the Amazon bestsellers list in the States... having climbed around 40,000 places in the last few days.

If you have bought a copy of my book, perhaps you might like to consider leaving a review at Amazon.co.uk to try and get me into the Top Million here in GB!!

Si.
                Wood Tattoos
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

I do actually want to get around to buying this! Maybe it can be my treat this month.
                  Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Amy, there are several images in the book linked to you... the Maude cat plaque, a few photos of your Greentree Crafts sign in progress and I'm sure several more... let me know if you decide to treat yourself and I'll email you details of how to order.

All the best,

Si.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

I thought their might! Could you PM me prices etc so i can sort my budget for the week. Stupid weekly wage!
                      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I was keeping the book to read on holiday but i couldnt resist a quick flick through the book. I have to say if I wanted to take up woodburning then this book definitely is a good beginners guide. From telling you all about the different nibs to use to what your doing wrong and why your patterns are not working to step by step projects it is a very informative book. Its no wonder your book is no 7 in the top 100 books in wood burning.
                        Congratulations I hope it goes from strength to strength!
                        Diana x
                        Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                        Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                        My blog
                        Facebook

Comment

Better late than never I have blogged about my copy of Si's book! http://aviyaglass.blogspot.com/2010/...ith-style.html
                          Terry xxx
                          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Take a look at the listing for my book on Amazon.com here ...

They have added the reviews from Tip Top and Aviya Glass to the official Reviews section!
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Working...
                            X