It's here! I'm officially an author!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's here! I'm officially an author!!

After nearly two years of hard work, I received the first copy of my book "Woodburning with Style" from the publishers today!!!

It looks fantastic, I'm over the moon. The first print run of 5000 books will arrive with the publishers in the very near future and then they will be released on general sale. All of my work is now across a glossy stylish book over 200 pages long. I'll receive a big parcel of books soon which I can then sell at fairs and through my website... it just doesn't seem real.

Quite simply... if I hadn't found the craftsforum back in 2007, I would never have put my work on Flickr so I wouldn't have had this opportunity... so thanks to everyone here for their inspiration and support. Several of you are named in the credits of the book due to your contributions to my crafting.

And because the project started here on the Forum... it's a fitting place to make another announcement... the early stages of Book 2 are already under way... watch this space!

Cheers again!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Congratulations, I hope that once your books appear on Google books you'll post a link so we can all have a look.

Comment

I bet it feels great to actually hold a proper copy of the book! Good luck with book 2, and selling book 1!!!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Wow it seems such a long time ago that you first mentioned the book Si...and now you're finally stood there holding a copy Congrats on all the hard work, and I hope you've got my name down for a signed copy.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by prem2pram View Post
          Congratulations, I hope that once your books appear on Google books you'll post a link so we can all have a look.
          It's already there...
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

I can't begin to imagine how proud you must be feeling. What a wonderful achievement. I can't wait to see it myself so you must be excited. Its all very nice seeing it on the computer but there is nothing like actually holding it in your hands is there.
            I sincerely hope they sell like hot cakes Si. All the luck in the world.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Well done and congratulations.
              My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Brilliant! Well done you

cj
                www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
                Become a facebook fan
                Check out my blog

Comment

Yay!!!
                  Huge congratulations again Si
                  george
                  www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                  www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                  www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Well done!

Many Congratulations!

Bet you cannot measure your smile!!!!
                    Kindest Regards

Ellie
                    www.neverforget.co.uk

Unique and Personal - Just Like You!

Twitter: @neverforgetcouk

Comment

Blimey you're a glutton for punishment aren't you

Pleased it has finally happened. Hope sales go really well for you

Pete
                      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                      Facebook

Website

Comment

Many congratulations, Si. I really hope you sell loads, you certainly deserve it!

Good luck with book 2 - shows how happy the publishers were with your work on the first one and how great your finished pieces are that they already want to do a follow-up!
                        Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                        Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                        Follow me on Twitter:
                        @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Congratulations Si

Hope your hard work is rewarded with millions of sales!
                          I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Si many congratulations you deserve recognition for all the hard work xx
                            Chris xx
                            My Website
                            My Blog

Comment

Congratulations.

We'll al have to nip over to Amazon and do a review

Jane
                              www.just-soaps.com
                              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Working...
                              X