Preview glimpse of my book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview glimpse of my book!

Visit this link to see a preview of several pages from my book, courtesy of Google...

Feedback and comments welcome, I'm very pleased with the overall feel and look of the layout etc.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Hi Si

This is fantastic well done you, you should be very happy with it. I started to read and then got too involved (am at work at mo!) but it seems a definate must for a pyrography fan.
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

It looks brilliant, very informative!!I can see me taking up a new hobby.
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

It does look very good doesn't it? I'm sure it's very imformative but not having time to read through it all now I just looked at the pretty pictures Are they your own hands in the photos Si?
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Wow!! Very lovely! Can't wait to see and hold the real book!!

Comment

It does look really interesting and informative and not boring like a lot of craft technique books. Almost makes me want to have a go myself!
            Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
            Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

It looks brilliant Si

You must be absolutely delighted!

Congratulations again.
              george
              www.mizgeorge.co.uk
              www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
              www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Looks fantastic can't wait to get my mits on my copy when it is released - and was that your hands in the pictures!!! You may have a future career as a hand model you know!!!

Good luck.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Congratulations, Si

You must be so thrilled with the finished result, it looks great! Very clear pictures and the information I read on the different nibs was fascinating and very informative (even for me and I don't do pyrography!)

Was it difficult to make yourself do the mistakes for the troubleshooting guide? This just highlighted even further just how good you pyrographers really are!
                  Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                  Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                  Follow me on Twitter:
                  @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I am sooo impressed. I got up to page 36 but will have to go back in later and finish it. It made me believe I could have a go, the instructions are so clear. Very eye catching front cover. I do hope it sells well. I can't see why not though.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

wow, that looks really good Si. Looks well written and easy to follow too
                      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                        I am sooo impressed. I got up to page 36 but will have to go back in later and finish it. It made me believe I could have a go, the instructions are so clear. Very eye catching front cover. I do hope it sells well. I can't see why not though.
                        There's only a certain number of pages, around 25 or so... you probably looked at most of them. All of the pages are from the beginning of the book, so you have only seen the starting instructions and some basic tips. All the later chapters include images of my more involved designs etc.

Glad you think that the instructions are easy to follow! The publishers said that I had a really good writing style and made things simple to understand. I hope that this does encourage people to take up the hobby!

Originally posted by AliCat View Post
                        Congratulations, Si

You must be so thrilled with the finished result, it looks great! Very clear pictures and the information I read on the different nibs was fascinating and very informative (even for me and I don't do pyrography!)

Was it difficult to make yourself do the mistakes for the troubleshooting guide? This just highlighted even further just how good you pyrographers really are!
                        I'm very pleased, it just looks so elegant and stylish!

And no, it's actually very easy to make those mistakes as I'm sure any pyrographer will tell you... so it didn't take much in the way of effort!

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                        ...and was that your hands in the pictures!!! You may have a future career as a hand model you know!!!
                        Originally posted by nattynetty View Post

Are they your own hands in the photos Si?
                        OK, why the obsession with my hands then?!
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

It looks stunning.

So much so that, even though I have never had much interest in wood, I found myself thinking "I am sure I *could* make room in my life for another medium..."

Very best wishes with it all,
                          Emma
                          www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
                          www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
                          www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Thanks, Emma... maybe I will be responsible for a string of newly converted pyrographers...
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

It looks amazing.
                              I bought a pyro book when I started out but looks like your one surpasses it by miles.
                              So when can we buy it??
                              http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                              Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                              My Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X