Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fair Last Saturday

Hi All,

Did anyone make it to the fair at Portobello High Street in Edinburgh on Saturday?

Crafter or visitor ...any feedback??

Regards.
    Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Wasnt there but heard from others there was lots of people but not a lot of money being spent. My pal spoke to at least 5 stall holders who didnt sell anything all day and more than half implied they hadnt made their table money back.

Comment

Hi lauraj,

Thanks for the reply.

On a positive note it sounds like the organisers did their bit and got people there! Sometimes it just doesn't happen ...next time could have fewer visitors and yet lot's of money will change hands ...believe me, I've seen it ...you just never know for sure until the day.

The main thing is that the crafters (even those that didn't sell on the day) showcased their wares to the public. If they had cards/flyers/info etc to hand out they may well yet get business from the day.

Regards.
      Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Oh that must be down heartening for the stall holders! Lets hope that things pick up!!!! Sue xx
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,

I've done a few events over the last month, general market and craft market etc.

I have also noticed people just are not spending!!
          I'm glad its not just me!
          Lets hope sunny weather will open up their wallets!!!!

Ann

Comment

It seems pretty widespread sadly. Probably at least in part to do with the 'credit crunch' etc etc. People are holding on to their cash. Even the big retailers are complaining!

I guess the trick is getting people to part with their money ...but how? If I knew the answer to that one I would be writting this post from a tropical island!

I can only offer that if people see something they really want they will find the money. So try and make what you are selling (I'm talking generally here!) as desirable as possible, make your stall interesting and inviting ...and don't, just don't, stand behind your stall with a look of desperation or despair on your face ...or have 17 friends stood there with you!!!

And I think you have a point Ann ...the sun makes eveyone feel better.

Fingers crossed for a brighter future!

Regards.
            Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

I couldnt agree more Fair Do. My stuff is made to order and I've only done 3 fairs so far, not had any follow up orders from any of the fairs yet but lots of great comments and much interest on the day - but for me the main thing was I encouraged everyone to take a leaflet, mentioned they could have a look at more pictures on my Blog at their leisure and on 2 of the fairs I've done little competitions and come away with 33 names from first fair, 28 from the second so its the start of a "potential" customer database isnt it - so I'm chuffed and will keep trying to maintain one fair each month throughout this year if I possibly can

Plus I'm keeping to lower-cost stalls at the moment so the cost of the "exposure" isnt that high and I get a nice day out of it and speak with lots of really lovely people - you're so right - do not stand behind your stall looking dull or bored - if you're welcoming and friendly, I find people gravitate to you

Shaz x
              Keepsake Kollections
              & Rossendale Ramblings!
              http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

With your positive and upbeat approach to your business I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before the orders start rolling in Shaz.

That's a great idea to refer people to your blog ...and a novel way to generate customer contacts ...well done you!

Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Working...
                X