Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Craft fairs in the Durham area?

Can anyone tell me of any Craft fairs in the Durham area this year :?:

I've tried to set up my own. It's a long story, but basically, it was going to end up costing me to hold it!!! :roll:

I would love to hear from anyone in the area interested in Card Making, Knitting, Crochet and Jewellery making. :lol:
    Craftydramaqueen

So many crafts, so little time...

Hello

I am a student at Durham Uni, I make jewellery.

I used to sell at the craft fair at the town hall but two months after I started it stopped running That was a great shame as it was a very convienient location- I don't have any transport in Durham. The same company run a craft fair at Dalton Park Outlet, but I would have to do very well to make back 60 pounds for two days, plus taxi fares which could potentially be double that.

I would love to hear your long story about trying to set up your own fair. My mum and I are hoping to run a small charity craft fair in april- that's in Doncaster, my home town. Perhaps we could pool resources in some way- sharing transport costs to out of town fairs or maybe running something in Durham.
    www.delicate-rose.co.uk

http://jewelleryjournal.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to get one going in Morpeth (NE61 5SH) Which is about 30-40mins away from Durham. The next fair is on 16th December, its quite handy because I only have to pay £20 rent for the hall, stalls start from £5.00 (1 table (trestle size)) £8.00 (2 tables) & £13.00 (4 Tables), when the rent is covered & any costs for advertising, etc... the remaining amount is donated to a local community (not for profit) group, organization or project. A new group, organization or project will be chosen every month, that way the fair supports the local community equally.

(I'm arranging it on my own & am trying to use free advertising as much as I can at the minute, but I will pay to advertise in papers, newsletters, magazines & websites 'IF' its successful & becomes a regular monthly fair)

ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Am I totally nuts & bashing my head against the wall?? Or should I stick at it & give it a chance??

I'd love some advice please, even criticism, I can take it !!

Thanks
      Craftycat
      Last edited by Craftycat; 23-11-2007, 11:35 PM. Reason: pressed enter to soon

Comment

Originally posted by Craftycat View Post
        Hi,

I'm trying to get one going in Morpeth (NE61 5SH) Which is about 30-40mins away from Durham. The next fair is on 16th December, its quite handy because I only have to pay £20 rent for the hall, stalls start from £5.00 (1 table (trestle size)) £8.00 (2 tables) & £13.00 (4 Tables), when the rent is covered & any costs for advertising, etc... the remaining amount is donated to a local community (not for profit) group, organization or project. A new group, organization or project will be chosen every month, that way the fair supports the local community equally.

(I'm arranging it on my own & am trying to use free advertising as much as I can at the minute, but I will pay to advertise in papers, newsletters, magazines & websites 'IF' its successful & becomes a regular monthly fair)

ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Am I totally nuts & bashing my head against the wall?? Or should I stick at it & give it a chance??

I'd love some advice please, even criticism, I can take it !!

Thanks
        Craftycat
        hi crafty cat would be very interested in having a stand at your show if possible

Comment

CHRISTMAS FAYRE near Durham

Christmas Fayre at Pittington Community Centre near Durham - Sat 5th Dec 2009 10am to 4pm.

Contact email for details - [email protected]

Comment

Hi
            I am inviting people to attend a craft fair which is to be run with a orchid show at Bowburn community centre Durham. This is a one day event which we run every year. This years event is on Sunday 6th April if you or anyone else is interested to join us please contact me on [email protected] for further details.

Look forward to hearing from you

Michele

Comment

Working...
            X