Organising craft fairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organising craft fairs

Has anyone here organised a craft fair? I'm thinking of organising a summer one in Stamford, Lincs for charity and I'm not 100% sure how to go about it!

What I really need to know is what kind of insurance you need to have and also if there are any licenses etc you need to get to run one??

How have you advertised for stalls before and how have you gone about advertising the craft fair in the area??

Thanks!

Katie

Jules from Appletreecrafts is an events organiser I am sure she will be able to help you out.

Cheers.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hello I have organised a couple of craft fairs and am currently acting as a mentor to a group of students who are organising a craft fair as part of a Young Enterprise project.

In my experince the only insurance you need is public liability and I have found that the halls I have hired already have this insurance. I always advise my crafters that they are responsible for their own insurance for their stock.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Michele

Comment

Hi All,

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but my understanding (ex-organiser) is that the hall/venue will have insurance to cover themselves against claims made against them and likewise the organiser and stall holders should have their own insurance to protect themselves in the same way.

I know it seems a rip off, but can you afford not to have cover? Some venues will insist on it as a term of hire.

It can be a complicated subject and my strong recommendation is that you talk to the professionals.

And ...it has to be said ...it's not cheap for the organiser ...believe me, I've been there ...sorry! I believe that this is largely why the cost of stalls/tables is going up.

But don't be put off. If there's anything I can help with please just ask ..and Jules and several others on this forum are current organisers so will have a more up to date view.

Good luck!
        Fair Do.

Fair Do's!

Comment

Originally posted by cardsbykatie View Post
          Has anyone here organised a craft fair? I'm thinking of organising a summer one in Stamford, Lincs for charity and I'm not 100% sure how to go about it!

What I really need to know is what kind of insurance you need to have and also if there are any licenses etc you need to get to run one??

How have you advertised for stalls before and how have you gone about advertising the craft fair in the area??

Thanks!

Katie
          Katie I have a list of sites I have used to advertise Preston Presents and I will e-mail them to you. I don't as yet obviously know how well some of them will do at getting people to the events, but this forum has done very well in getting some stall holders.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cardsbykatie View Post

Thanks!

Katie
            hello katie
            not sure if im a help on not but i am just about to embark on my first organised event for a charity craft fair day and its going really well no hassels fingers cross as of yet
            i think the main thing to remeber is get some one to check everything you do like a friend for instance or partner. if for charity get some one independent to count the monies with you if any made
            to sell the tables ring all your local radio and local newspapers i had a really good response so im sure you will
            look for places like commuinty halls so there not too expensive
            list on event sites your event day
            dont think you really
            need the liberty insuracne as eveyone repsonseible for there own stuff and stock and the hall would cover you for injuryies for one im sure
            realy good luck and hope you do well
            let you know how my event goes on the 28th feb
            all the best
            jenny

Comment

Working...
            X