Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you found....?

Hi all,
    Have any of you found a down turn of people spending at the begining of this year?

I'm finding this year like trying to wade through mud!! I am hoping that as the craft fair season gets in to full flow it will improve.

How are you finding it?

Ann

Well, I've had a fantastic start to the year and had a very good February which included the first craft fair of the year!

Just hope it continues!!

Comment

It was a bit slow to start with but my OH & his Step Mum have helped me with marketing & for a while my sales went doolally!! My sales do have their ups & downs but, overall they're still pretty good.
      Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Its great to hear your doing well, I think the rain must be getting me down!

Poppy4lee, do you have any marketing tips? It is great when family help isn't it?

Ann

Comment

Hi Ann

I am actually considering taking a local shop but wondered if it might not be an idea to have a kind of co-operative with several people being able to sell through it. If anyone is interested or has any experience of this sort of thing please let me know.
          Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by annnoble View Post
            Poppy4lee, do you have any marketing tips? It is great when family help isn't it?

Ann
            Hi Ann, I'm afraid I leave all the web/type marketing etc to my OH, I really don't have a scooby doo when it comes to computerised languagey stuff (my eyes glaze over & I switch off).

I have an eBay site, as well as my own site & I always enclose an advert, for my own website, when I send out goods from eBay & I also point out that my own site works out cheaper than my eBay site! That seems to have attracted quite a few folks.

My sales always go up around 'pay day' i.e. towards the end of the month - I think it's worth spending more on advertising, at that time, as, comparatively, I get a far better return then.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
            Jayne

Comment

Originally posted by ezzyam View Post
              Hi Ann

I am actually considering taking a local shop but wondered if it might not be an idea to have a kind of co-operative with several people being able to sell through it. If anyone is interested or has any experience of this sort of thing please let me know.

I think that sounds like a fantastic idea, I just wished I lived nearer to you!
              Jayne

Comment

Hi Ezzyam,

That sound very intresting and would be intrested.
                Although I have no experiance in running a shop but have seen alot empty at the moment.

Which area were you thinking about?

There are a couple of empty units at Fryern Parade. Also this Sunday the farmers market will be held in the car park there.

Ann

Comment

Thank you Poppy4lee, I know the feeling about glazing over especially if he starts to talk about bots and content!

I supose it about being flexable and try lots of ways to get business.

Comment

Working...
                  X