Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment machines for using at craft fayers

Hi all.

Hope this is in the correct spot. I am asking if anyone uses payment machines for taking payments from customers at fayres?

If so, how good are they wireless?
    What company do you use? and was the setting up easy and inexpensive?

many thanks

Lou
    Mumma Briggs

Mumma Briggs

You are only given one spark of madness, don't be afraid to use it

Hi Lou.

iZettle without a doubt. https://www.izettle.com/gb?gclid=EAI...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Used to use paypal but it became a right pain, wouldn't log in or connect in lots of places, so we got the iZettle so we had an alternative. It proved so efficient that we ditched the paypal and got two iZettles. Customer service has been very good too which is also very important. With paypal you were lucky if you got a standard email in reply to any problems.

Sure others will have their favourites too.

Good luck.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I use paypal but as Mo says hard if you do not have access to a wifi link. Luckily the halls I use all have free wifi access.

Comment

Thank you all - i have been looking a Izettle, but also at Papal. thanks again x

Mumma Briggs

You are only given one spark of madness, don't be afraid to use it

Comment

Paypal for me is really bad, just really bad experience. First of all their fees are too high

I know you're talking about wireless payment but just to advise you all..anyone out there thinking to use Paypal online e.g with Ebay please think twice. Especially if you're selling something expensive/important of value.

Seems to me that sellers have little or no protection
          If you guys tried using Paypal and got the dreadful "Significantly Not As Described" short for ISNAD claims from a buyer ...I tell you on Paypal you are not protected at all. There's a good chance the buyer can not only get the money back but also keep the item. Generally, Paypal will not fight a SNAD chargeback. Bottom line don't use Paypal for anything you can't afford to lose.

Thank god I'm not selling in eBay anymore, just driving my taxi using my good old iZettle.
          Last edited by josephmark2923; 29-08-2018, 03:01 AM.
          iZettle review

Comment

Originally posted by josephmark2923 View Post
            Paypal for me is really bad, just really bad experience. First of all their fees are too high

I know you're talking about wireless payment but just to advise you all..anyone out there thinking to use Paypal online e.g with Ebay please think twice. Especially if you're selling something expensive/important of value.

Seems to me that sellers have little or no protection
            If you guys tried using Paypal and got the dreadful "Significantly Not As Described" short for ISNAD claims from a buyer ...I tell you on Paypal you are not protected at all. There's a good chance the buyer can not only get the money back but also keep the item. Generally, Paypal will not fight a SNAD chargeback. Bottom line don't use Paypal for anything you can't afford to lose.

Thank god I'm not selling in eBay anymore, just driving my taxi using my good old iZettle.
            It is all down to experience with them. I have used Paypal for years and never had a problem as a buyer or seller.
            Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 29-08-2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Heard good reports about “Sum up” machines too, apparently very good customer service compared to others...can’t say, don’t use one.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
                Heard good reports about “Sum up” machines too, apparently very good customer service compared to others...can’t say, don’t use one.

Dave
                I’ve had Sum up for a couple of months now and had no problems at all, very reasonable but takes 2-3 days to reach your bank account.

Comment

Working...
                X