Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Marquee at Wellingborough Carnival

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Rose of the Shires Craft Group is pleased to announce that they have been asked by Wellingborough Council to provide a Craft Marquee for Wellingboroughs 100th Carnval on 5th and 6th July.

Negotiations are still underway re costings but the marquee is booked and bookings will be taken as from mid March. The group will be able to fill at least 30 stalls but the organisers are planning to double that number by opening it up to other crafters too! A 6ft by 2.5 ft stall is expected to be only £60 (£50 for members) with a small fee if electricity is required. There will also be a space for stage demonstrations (if you are feeling brave) and a small number of craft supply trade stands (poa).

Footfall is anticipated to be a minimum of 7,000 for the two days, although the council is quoting the minimum as nearer to 10,000, more if the weather is good!!!

Seeing as the Group was only set up in August last year they must be doing something right so even if you cannot make the carnival why not join the group anyway or have a stand at one of the other craft fairs this year. Limited places are available for the right craft at their fair on 15th March 2008 at Burton Latimer Community Centre so hurry and contact them now!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the info we have a carnival? I must get out more
    Im down with Fraggle Rock

Fraggies Fripperies

http://fraggiesfripperies.blogspot.com

Comment

5th & 6th July Craft Event

Hi Any chance could you send me over there details for me me email them.

Kind Regards

Samantha

Comment

Of course contact details might help!
        Contact Mod Edit or email:Mod Edit
        Last edited by Bowed Over; 04-03-2008, 01:40 PM. Reason: Best not to add contact details - you will get spammed something terrible. Try PMing instead

Comment

wellingborough

austin 3272. I have pm'd you.

Comment

I've pm'd you for the details!!!

Claire
            Last edited by crafty-clarie; 04-03-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

If anyone wants to do just Sat and I'll do Sunday maybe we could share a stand, one of us each day!! Selina

Comment

hi selina,

I like that idea I would defo be interested if the pricing was too steep for me.

Fraggies Fripperies

Comment

Hi Fragg1es, I always have to work on a Saturday (I'm a hairdresser) so its a no go for me. Sundays are perfect! If The details could be pm'd to me, we'll take a peek! Selina

Comment

cool, we will see what happens then

Fraggies Fripperies

Comment

You all seem keen so we thought we would give you an indication of the price. A 6ft by 2.5 ft table with 2 chairs will be £60 (extra for electricity). So if some of you split it, it works out at £30 per day.

We are in the process of designing the application form - it needs to be changed from the normal as its a two dayer, in a marquee etc. We will acknowledge emails but full details wont be out for another week or so.

Hapy crafting.

Comment

wellingborough

How do you ensure that the crafts are not over subscribed? Is there a selection procedure. As a visitor I would prefer to see a variety of different crafts rather than a lot of jewellery and cards which now tends to be the norm.
                        Woodenlady

Comment

We do try to limit duplications of crafts as much as possible. The more stalls booked then the more card makers (for example) we will accept. The stalls will only be granted on a first come, first served basis and only real crafters will be granted stalls - We do not accept trades, except a limited number of craft supply traders. We trust that this answer is acceptable for most but are happy to field any other questions either here or via the email;MOD EDIT PLEASE SEE FORUM RULES
                          Last edited by Bowed Over; 06-03-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Craft Fair 5/6 July

Hi
                            I have just seen your details on this website, could you please email me over the details i,e booing form and T's & C's.
                            I make handmade Wine Glass Charms, Napking Rings, Key Rings and Mobile Phone Charms, my email address is MOD EDIT PLEASE SEE FORUM RULES

Kind Regards

Samantha
                            Wine Glass Styling
                            Last edited by Bowed Over; 06-03-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X