Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to sell my items at a craft fair, but i need some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to sell my items at a craft fair, but i need some advice...

Hi everyone

I make fabric breast feeding necklaces and I want to start selling them at craft fairs. I have been told I need insurance, that seems quite straight forward. But I also have been told I need 'product testing'. My local craft fair organiser said i should contact Trading Standards, I looked on their website but all they offer is consumer complaints help lines.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

purppolka (2).jpg <------One of my necklaces

https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office

"Enter your postcode to find a Trading Standards office near you to complain about illegal sales activity. Businesses can also check to make sure they’re trading legally."

You should be able to find your local office using the link above.
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Hello,

I have done quite a few craft fairs in my time. Most of them has insurance included, but if you need to get it, its pretty easy and once you have it. Its valid all year. I used to use stallfinder.co.uk to hunt out nearby craft shows. I also used to look at my hometown Tourist Information website as they usually have a list of local events. Good luck!
      Visit www.brightstarbeads.co.uk for bargain high quality beads.

Comment

All craft fairs have to have insurance for the event itself but this does not cover the stallholders, who should have both public and product liability insurance.

Comment

Working...
        X