Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fairs in Northamptonshire

Hi All

Does anybody know of any up and coming crafts fairs in the Northamponshire and surrounding areas.

Thanks
    Sam

Northants craft fairs

I can recommend the June and November fair held in Hangar One at The Aviator Hotel Sywell. I visited this event last year is was very busy and full of really good quality crafts. No mixed stalls and no bought in tat. There were some very unusual crafts to, all hand made and no mixed stands either.. It was a refreshing change to see. See county calendar site for info.

Woodenlady

Comment

Hey,

If you search the forums there is a lady (not sure if I can post her username) but she is doing fairs in the surrounding area. I recieved details of one in Turvey, Bedfordshire but alas that is too far for me without transport.

The Balloon Festival and Rockingham Castle (i think) have fairs this year although very expensive. I think the balloon festival was about £200 for the weekend but with a large turnout it may be worth the outlay. Also there is Woburn which is a lovely fair.

Good luck with your search, being from Wellingbrough I find it difficult to find good quality fairs in the area.
      Im down with Fraggle Rock

Fraggies Fripperies

http://fraggiesfripperies.blogspot.com

Comment

Not sure which part of Northamptonshire you are in, but we have a craft fair at Preston, Rutland (two miles from Uppingham) on 30 and 31 August - do a search and see what distance it is from you. There is a posting - Craft Fair Preston, Rutland - on the forum.
        Cynthia
        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Hi Sam,

I'm in Northants too and there don't seem to be many fairs around, unless you're tlaking on a larger scale, e.g Castle Ashby Country Fair.

Apparently the Hangar One Spring Fair is booked up but they may have spaces for the one later in the year. I beleive their entry criteria is quite strict, which is good as it makes sure that all products are handmade by the stallholders so we don't have to try and compete with bought in goods.

There is a fair at Turvey in Beds on 30th March, I think the persons username on here is Jo S (sorry Jo if that's wrong) but Jo runs Purely Craft, an organisation that arranges craft fairs in the Mids area. I don't know if there are any stalls left though.

I don't think I can post web links with under 25 posts, so please send me a PM if you want the Purely Craft web address.

Claire
          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

I would also try Kelmarsh Hall- they do Spring, Summer and Christmas events. I found the Christmas one great, but the summer one last year didn't work for me (but the weather was bad...surprise!). You'll find a phone number on the Kelmarsh site under events.
            http://www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk

Comment

Northants fair- Hangar One

Rather surprised that the fair in Hangar One at Sywell is fully booked for June as the info states it is a large fair of over 60 stands - perhaps they are booked up for certain crafts. Might be worth enquiring if your craft is unusual.
              Woodenlady

Comment

I'm attending the Hangar One fair, and i had to be vetted and approved in November to get in for the 2008 events. It's the first year that i have done this event, but have heard great things about it from other crafters. I think that they are strict in ensuring that there is not a flood of one craft, but also know that the event is flooded with requests and i have little doubt that they are probably already booked up.

There was a good charity fair in Flore in October time, but i have no idea if it's going ahead or not this year.
                http://www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk

Comment

Hangar One fairs

I organise the fairs at Hangar One on Sywell Aerodrome. I have noticed that there has been some reference that they may be full. This is not so.
                  The fair has limited duplication and certain crafts have been over subscribed especially jewellery and knitwear.
                  If your have an unusual craft please contact me.
                  Details can be found via craft diary web sites i.e. county calendar etc.
                  Pennine Lady

Comment

Depending where you are in Northamptonshire....I organise events in Warwickshire. 1st June 2008 at the Royal Pump Rooms, Leamington Spa and 26 October 2008 at the Benn Hall in Rugby.

Please contace me if you require further information.

[email protected]

Regards

Michele

Comment

Hi Michele,

I would be very interested in both fairs - I've sent you a PM through the forum with my email address.

Claire
                      Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                      Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                      www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Hangar One June Craft Fair

Hangar One Northampton June 15th The fair is nearly full but I have a couple of stands available. I am afraid that jewellery, soap, soft goods and glass are fully booked but I would be interested in hearing from craft workers who can offer unusual hand made crafts.
                        Pennine Lady

Comment

I'm organising a charity event that has a few craft stall vacancies. Its in Northampton, on 21st June, raising money for Breast Cancer Care...

Comment

Hangar One craft Fair June 15th

Just a reminder to anyone who is interested in visiting a really good quality craft fair this weekend and lives around the Northamptonshire area.
                            I would recommend a trip out to Hangar One on Sywell Aerodrome Northampton this Sunday June 15th.
                            Woodenlady

Comment

Oxford

Are you willing to travel as far as Oxford? Just my girlfriends mum does some down there I could probably get a few if you want?

Mike

ricocostumejewellery.co.uk
                              Mike

My attempt at something beautiful
                              Beads
                              Photography
                              T-Shirts
                              WhatWillHappen

Comment

Working...
                              X